No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mjl, ken , and me all here - we could be rolling today.

Comment

• Well they were here then left hopefully to study up on more A players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Me too, gotta get those done early so you get the difficulty points
        Dude, you all need to get your own shtick, that's my gag.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          Mjl, ken , and me all here - we could be rolling today.
          Or.....perhaps not.

Anyway, let's talk about my pick of Dennis Eckersley --- how the fuck do you construct a team with this guy on it? Why did I pick him instead of going with an "easy" option like Ott? Why didn't A-Rod fall a couple spots to me and make my decision easier? All important questions worthy of thoughtful reflection and discussion.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I had Foxx queued up and considered both York and Ott, but decided just to Bogart the picks and get a foundation
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I remember when we did these and I couldn't wait for my next pick even if I didn't know what to do. Now all i have is dread that I have no feel for who to take lol. Is there a scoring sheet yet? Sorry I only check in so often and am not sure. I still have the one google doc with all the player stats if not and I can make a few more picks just doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Or.....perhaps not.

Anyway, let's talk about my pick of Dennis Eckersley --- how the fuck do you construct a team with this guy on it? Why did I pick him instead of going with an "easy" option like Ott? Why didn't A-Rod fall a couple spots to me and make my decision easier? All important questions worthy of thoughtful reflection and discussion.
                Eck likes eating Dicks, so maybe you can do something with that?

I seem to remember him being someone great for sort of dumping career ERA? His BY is sick and he gives you career W's/K/and Saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Or.....perhaps not.

If you play Eck right he basically buys you another pitcher at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    If you play Eck right he basically buys you another pitcher at the end.
                    Speaker of that are we doing 14 - 11 like you have or 15 - 10 matching VD 9?

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Speaker of that are we doing 14 - 11 like you have or 15 - 10 matching VD 9?
                      14-11

Comment

• Not sure about that Pujols pick. Don't have rankings or a SS to work off yet, so still playing blind.

Looks good ... I dunno.

I probably would have went for one of the easy positional/letter scarcity picks ... if they hadn't all just been taken!

Comment

• Ill start updating the history thread this evening when I get home.

Comment

• So I don't get messages in 3 places I know I am up. Working on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              So I don't get messages in 3 places I know I am up. Working on it.
                              Do you know your up bro? I picked already.

Comment

• I picked, but it doesn't give me an option to PM Mookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X