*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    This may be the first draft that we agree on the format and rules after the draft starts. Should make it interesting.
    I will post the full rules tonight.

Standard Last Name draft
    No KO's
    2 WC's (extra P and OF)

In case anyone was wondering, see VD 6 for the last draft of this similar format.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Standard Last Name draft
      No KO's
      2 WC's (extra P and OF)

In case anyone was wondering, see VD 6 for the last draft of this similar format.
      thanks ! Wasn't trying to bust your balls - appreciate you getting this going. I probably should download some stuff and do some calcs at this point
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So I have updated stats from revo. Does anyone have a recent Seitzersheet to put them into? I can possibly go dig one up from years ago, but if anyone has one it would save some time. I'm happy to make a Seitzersheet, but I don't want to make it from scratch.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Standard Last Name draft
          No KO's
          2 WC's (extra P and OF)

How are we handling Roid rage hitters and today hitters?

Comment

• Hm, I see that Johnny has been posting spreadsheets for the old drafts. He may be way ahead of me on this.

I have about a week of down time in my job search while the GM meetings happen in California, so I'm happy to help out if needed, if someone points me in the right direction.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Hm, I see that Johnny has been posting spreadsheets for the old drafts. He may be way ahead of me on this.

I have about a week of down time in my job search while the GM meetings happen in California, so I'm happy to help out if needed, if someone points me in the right direction.
              I normally build the spreadsheet at the end of Round 1 ... when registration ends.

I modded your sheet a tad
              Last edited by johnnya24; 11-03-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Oh, and I've no idea about what to do about post-modern hitters. It would make sense to distinguish them nowadays ...

If I changed it to:

For the purposes of this rule, a Contemporary hitter is a hitter who played at all in any season between 1999 and 2005

... would anyone have a problem with that. It's not perfect, but it's better than the standard rule (all players after 1999), and we can use VD12 to come up with a better classification.

Comment

• I'll double check the rules again later today. If anyone can see any glaring errors, let me know.

Comment

Oh, and I've no idea about what to do about post-modern hitters. It would make sense to distinguish them nowadays ...

If I changed it to:

For the purposes of this rule, a Contemporary hitter is a hitter who played at all in any season between 1999 and 2005

... would anyone have a problem with that. It's not perfect, but it's better than the standard rule (all players after 1999), and we can use VD12 to come up with a better classification.
                    Works for me.

Comment

Oh, and I've no idea about what to do about post-modern hitters. It would make sense to distinguish them nowadays ...

If I changed it to:

Wait, what?

Comment

• Hi everyone. Good to be back. Place smells a lot worse than I remember. Must be all the bags of dicks lying around.

KS - I have a few old sheets I can share with you. Just let me know what you're looking for. I have copies of most of the old draft sheets, although I'm not sure which ones have my dubious weighting calculations built into them. I can just get rid of that stuff and send you what you'd like, though. In the meantime, I'm guessing that Revo's modified stats sheet he shared on Google docs will serve as the "official" stats for the players we're drafting, right?
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Hi everyone. Good to be back. Place smells a lot worse than I remember. Must be all the bags of dicks lying around.

KS - I have a few old sheets I can share with you. Just let me know what you're looking for. I have copies of most of the old draft sheets, although I'm not sure which ones have my dubious weighting calculations built into them. I can just get rid of that stuff and send you what you'd like, though. In the meantime, I'm guessing that Revo's modified stats sheet he shared on Google docs will serve as the "official" stats for the players we're drafting, right?
                          Good to have you back!

I mean, I was kind enough to share the sheets, lol, but I'm not kind enough to confirm with 100% certainty they're accurate, because I did hand-enter them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Wait, what?
                            This was an artifact left over when I was compiling the rules post.

Had to make a decision, no time for polls.

If you have a problem with the rule as is, we can discuss it or improve it.

Comment

This was an artifact left over when I was compiling the rules post.

Had to make a decision, no time for polls.

If you have a problem with the rule as is, we can discuss it or improve it.
                              I just think it's not clear enough as you posted.

"Contemporary" is just having played anytime during those seven seasons from 1999 to 2005? Or only if the BY is within those 7 seasons? Is "Post-Modern" a regulated era with maximums?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I just think it's not clear enough as you posted.

"Contemporary" is just having played anytime during those seven seasons from 1999 to 2005? Or only if the BY is within those 7 seasons? Is "Post-Modern" a regulated era with maximums?
                                No if a player played at all during those seasons, he is a contemporary hitter. Same with Vintage hitters and pitchers right? Nothing to do with BY. If there is some BY reference in the rules I'll delete it when I get home.

We only use BY as the distinguishing factor in Decade drafts.

That said ... I'm super rusty on specifics. If you've time have a look and see if there are any other discrepancies.

Comment

Working...
                                X