No announcement yet.

*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So y'all are just gonna ignore me and force me to waste my mobile data watching Twitch. S'alright ... I'll remember that.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      That's Jimmie FOXX biatch!
      I was so delusional/dehydrated from the long wait between Heye and Johnny I could only muster up the strength of 1 X!!!!

Comment

• will pick around lunchtime; was planning on Anson or Mays, not that it was rational to expect either to have dropped to me.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• did somebody say something?

Just a note, MJL's wife is a fantastic vocalist. Very fun show on saturday night. Oh, and she's pregnant. Grats mate!
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Woo! Glad you liked the show. She said her voice is a little out of practice/messed up due to hormones but she has absurdly high standards of course.

Also thanks! She's due in late January. I'm looking forward to it, mostly because having a pregnant wife and a 3-year-old is brutal.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Everyone posting like mad in the Walking Dead thread, and I'm stuck on the outside like little orphan Annie.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Woo! Glad you liked the show. She said her voice is a little out of practice/messed up due to hormones but she has absurdly high standards of course.

Also thanks! She's due in late January. I'm looking forward to it, mostly because having a pregnant wife and a 3-year-old is brutal.
                Congrats.

Don't be counting your chickens too soon ... when one will be 2, the other will be 5. GL with that.

Comment

Everyone posting like mad in the Walking Dead thread, and I'm stuck on the outside like little orphan Annie.
                  you've missed 3 epic shows dude.

Comment

Woo! Glad you liked the show. She said her voice is a little out of practice/messed up due to hormones but she has absurdly high standards of course.
                    RJEL Girl was thrilled she did a version of the theme from the jeffersons.

Comment

Congrats.

Don't be counting your chickens too soon ... when one will be 2, the other will be 5. GL with that.
                      My youngest turned three today and my oldest is almost five...MUCH easier than three and one. First year with a second child is brutal.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        My youngest turned three today and my oldest is almost five...MUCH easier than three and one. First year with a second child is brutal.
                        happy birthday to wee-dmt.

Comment

• Ott.

Among the top remaining hitters left ... even though the 1930's are a very strong decade.

Comment

Ott.

Among the top remaining hitters left ... even though the 1930's are a very strong decade.
                            so is using him for my 1940s hitter worth it then? I saw in the VD2 history that he went around this time but was used for the 1920s. I expect that I'll have really good career numbers and mediocre BY numbers again and end up taking Benny Kauff or something like that, but maybe I can avoid that fate this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Now you have a window before they become teenagers at the same time

Comment

so is using him for my 1940s hitter worth it then? I saw in the VD2 history that he went around this time but was used for the 1920s. I expect that I'll have really good career numbers and mediocre BY numbers again and end up taking Benny Kauff or something like that, but maybe I can avoid that fate this time.
                                I have his 1942 year as being a little behind his 1929 year ... not much ... almost equal in value.

Comment

Working...
                                X