*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So is that an easy way to import the career stats onto the BY spreadsheet ? I've never really completed that excercise.
    yeah, that's super quick. Import the Career into the BY since there are more than one BYs. Just do a vlookup on the playerid. I also pulled over the position columns when I want to look for a 2B with good BY stats. I may try mike's thing though next game. try and teach myself something with this game. It's not like this game could ever be a springboard to a new job or anything though.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      yeah, that's super quick. Import the Career into the BY since there are more than one BYs. Just do a vlookup on the playerid. I also pulled over the position columns when I want to look for a 2B with good BY stats. I may try mike's thing though next game. try and teach myself something with this game. It's not like this game could ever be a springboard to a new job or anything though.
      Hmmm...I will have to try that next draft
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hmmm...I will have to try that next draft
        it's worked wonders for me.

Comment

• With a fantasy football draft tomorrow night, a ff auction Sat and a beer vs wine dinner on Sun, I will not be able to pick for most of the weekend. Pm me when I'm up and I'll pick Irishly.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• hacko got Jimmy Ryan's hit total wrong; it's 2513.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
              hacko got jimmy ryan's hit total wrong; it's 2513.
              cheating mother fucker!

Comment

cheating mother fucker!
                Ya gotta watch that guy !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• squid's mom of course....

Umm... Since no one else is going to commend me, I think my hubble pick was a stroke of genius.

Comment

• Pick up Irishly

Comment

cheating mother fucker!
                      Plus must be stupid if I 'm going to cheat go the other way and add hits. I did get the Avg right from .306 to .308. As anyone who knows me "it is a vision thing"

Comment

Ya gotta watch that guy !

yes he might let you pick a pitcher that could have help him - that Evil Bastard!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          Plus must be stupid if I 'm going to cheat go the other way and add hits. I did get the Avg right from .306 to .308. As anyone who knows me "it is a vision thing"
                          I didn't even pay attention to what the discrepancy was. Cheating in a vintage draft is the last thing I would expect from any of us.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I didn't even pay attention to what the discrepancy was. Cheating in a vintage draft is the last thing I would expect from any of us.
                            Well, at least now that we got rid of Jon Carlos... that dude's always seemed sketchy to me.

Comment

Well, at least now that we got rid of Jon Carlos... that dude's always seemed sketchy to me.
                              Since you are clearly cheating in Idle Hands I should probably be suspicious of you as well
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just noticed because I was entering the data into my spreadsheet by hand and noticed that AB went up 8 and hits went down like 500, which seemed unlikely.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X