*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Seriously, you took Perry? God damn it, now I have to look at all this crap again.
    Woot! .
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      [B]

Maybe get some new blood ... I almost never go to the baseball parts of the forum anymore ... maybe there are some baseball regulars who would get a kick out of this?

----------------------------
      Maybe we should offer participation ribbons ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• SS and History Thread updated through Garp's picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Maybe we should offer participation ribbons ?
          The Peter Griffin Memorial Medal ... you don't even have to finish the draft to win!

Comment

SS and History Thread updated through Garp's picks.
            Aren't the byp era and whip scoring wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Aren't the byp era and whip scoring wrong?
              They won't be in sync until everyone picks a pitcher. At least I think that's the issue.

Comment

They won't be in sync until everyone picks a pitcher. At least I think that's the issue.
                Let me start out by saying when it comes to computers I am no expert (unless you are comparing me to Frae and his Barbie Laptop)

But it looks like ERA and Whip are reversed - in W sv and K you are last but it puts you in first in ERA and Whip ??? in Career and Year???

Comment

No...you're the only one without a pitcher and when I add one to your team the standings are still reversed for ratios.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    No...you're the only one without a pitcher and when I add one to your team the standings are still reversed for ratios.
                    Damn ... yes ... of course.

Edit: FIXED THE PITCHING AVERAGE SCORING FAULT ON THE SPREADSHEET
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-21-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• That's a nice little squad you're putting together DMT

Comment

That's a nice little squad you're putting together DMT
                        Thanks, but a loooong way to go. Also, the position sheet is not updating for any of the teams.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Thanks, but a loooong way to go. Also, the position sheet is not updating for any of the teams.
                          Yeah, that doesn't work properly. Never been able to figure it out.

Comment

• why isn't pete alexander showing as drafted in the spreadsheet I just D/Led?

edit: Looks like none of Long John's players are showing as drafted...

Comment

• It's difficult to work off the VD3 thread without knowing who picked where. Like I'd like to know if say, Johnny picked a guy rather than me or SeaDog so I could weigh knuckleheadedness into account.

Comment

• So my old spreadsheet that I dug up shows hitters from 1899 as deadball, but the VD9 intro says they would not be since 1898 is the cutoff. Probably only affects one guy, but I wanted to double check that 1898 is indeed the cutoff. Should have my pick up soon after I try to factor in Heye's knuckleheadedness. That would be a great word for hangman
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X