No announcement yet.

*** VD 9 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last pick was going to be Wagner, but KRod saved me use of a WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      That's way too cryptic for me :shrug:

Drew (what he goes by with friend's and family) was a few years younger than me and lifeguarded at the pool I worked at all through college.

David Howe, 38, of Frederick, Md., was crowned King David of Mann on March 30 in a stateside coronation ceremony after filing a claim with the British government.

Howe, a small businessman who married his high-school sweetheart, decided to assume the throne after a U.K. genealogist contacted him in 2006 to say he might have a right to the crown.

Howe filed a claim with Her Majesty's Stationary Office on Dec. 20, 2006, they published the claim in Queen Elizabeth II's paper of record, the London Gazette, and after no one objected, they sent him a crown, robe and anointing spoon for the ceremony, he said.

Howe said he "kind of expected the Queen to object to the claim obviously, but after 90 days, nobody had objected. Nobody had contested it."
      A Maryland man who claims to be the king of the Isle of Man hopes to visit his subjects next year — but he may find there's no welcome mat.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• THis looks to be a very competitive draft. El D looks to be in good shape, but I never really spend much time figuring out how things will end up. Glad to get U and I out of the way.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Mostly drafted Upshaw so I didn't have to deal with the headache if someone else got him. Picks are much harder now than they were a few rounds ago. I forgot how agonizing this is
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• yeah, Upshaw was on my short list. So was Molitor.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I think if it said Infield to begin with, and is not an issue then we should leave it as inf. (Says the guy with too many OFs already.)

Comment

• Inf in play.

Gossage was my pick here. I'll be home in an hour or so.

Comment

• do you need the pick list for the last couple rounds?
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    do you need the pick list for the last couple rounds?
                    Me? No, just this pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      So one INF, one UT, and 2 WCs?
                      YEah

... pick up in a minute

Comment

• Man ... was really hoping Gossage would make it ... that was my default "don't have time to think" pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I know I'm up but am engaging in bedtime routine for Devil Jr. Give me a little while. I assume Mr. 24 is asleep right now anyway.
                          The Johnny never sleeps, that's why he's Mr. 24.

Seriously it does seem like he is on here even when he should be sleeping.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I looked at the SS and couldn't believe it was round 14 already. I'm already excited for next draft, this has been fun.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I looked at the SS and couldn't believe it was round 14 already. I'm already excited for next draft, this has been fun.
                              Yeah, glad we got back to it. When we aren't playing a-mish you guys.

Comment

• agh, Elliott was the only E hitter I actually wanted any more. I guess I'll let that letter wait now...

I'm glad I snaked Gossage from Johnny so I don't feel like I missed out on getting both of them.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X