No announcement yet.

Pujols and Hamilton...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pujols first HR of year against Seattle...
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      F___ Bonds. He acted like an a-hole. The world has way too many a-holes. He's just another one that pisses off the good people. F___ him.
      Hmmmm.... Who exactly are these "good people", of whom you speak? The reporters who many times write articles based on an outcome they want to achieve? The fans who are fickle in their appreciation for players, and who mercilessly harass a player for going through a slump season without knowing that his shoulder is throbbing, his mother is dying and his marriage is crumbling? The owners who made money off of PED use and performance spikes, but who thrust all of the blame on the players, and who, throughout baseball's history ,have often tried to "screw" the players at every turn? The multi-millionaire corporate entities, CXOs, and investors who own season tickets and luxury boxes, but call for the "restructuring of companies" in order to squeeze more EPS out of the companies' performance, and improve the share price while thousands of people lose their jobs? The "average person" who willingly bought more house than they could afford and were complicit in "fudging the numbers", then walked away from their mortgage obligations when the market turned and the house declined in value? The citizen who "rails" against government, but who does not vote, volunteer their time to charitable causes, and misrepresents themselves when filing taxes? I'm very curious as to who are these "good people"?

(Please forgive the cynicism, and this was not personal in any way Mith, as I respect and like you. It is more a commentary and (over?)reaction to the statement. I do not see Barry Bonds as a "good guy" nor a "tragic figure". I do believe he was arrogant and selfish. However, I think many people are that way, and a number of these so called "good people" simply have us fooled *cough* Lance Armstrong *cough* because they (and the media) choose to show a certain public persona that masks the characteristics we would find unsavory if we knew about them. I know of a specific article for a very well respected publication that, when the reporter was asked in private...by someone he interviewed for the story...why he slanted the article to misrepresent the facts presented to him, he said "because my editor felt it would make for a better story".)
      Last edited by ThatRogue; 04-09-2014, 05:23 AM.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        How about reading work that shows that PEDs are very much overblown?

http://joesheehan.com/?q=node/638
        This post was also worth reading: http://joesheehan.com/?q=node/640.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          (Please forgive the cynicism, and this was not personal in any way Mith, as I respect and like you. It is more a commentary and (over?)reaction to the statement. I do not see Barry Bonds as a "good guy" nor a "tragic figure". I do believe he was arrogant and selfish. However, I think many people are that way, and a number of these so called "good people" simply have us fooled *cough* Lance Armstrong *cough* because they (and the media) choose to show a certain public persona that masks the characteristics we would find unsavory if we knew about them. I know of a specific article for a very well respected publication that, when the reporter was asked in private...by someone he interviewed for the story...why he slanted the article to misrepresent the facts presented to him, he said "because my editor felt it would make for a better story".)
          Psycopaths - individuals who are often intelligent and highly charismatic, but display a chronic inability to feel guilt, remorse or anxiety about any of their actions. Their actions include the use of violence and intimidation to control others and satisfy selfish needs.

Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong are well beyond "arrogant and selfish". They fit right into the definition of psychopath.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            Hmmmm.... Who exactly are these "good people", of whom you speak? The reporters who many times write articles based on an outcome they want to achieve? The fans who are fickle in their appreciation for players, and who mercilessly harass a player for going through a slump season without knowing that his shoulder is throbbing, his mother is dying and his marriage is crumbling? The owners who made money off of PED use and performance spikes, but who thrust all of the blame on the players, and who, throughout baseball's history ,have often tried to "screw" the players at every turn? The multi-millionaire corporate entities, CXOs, and investors who own season tickets and luxury boxes, but call for the "restructuring of companies" in order to squeeze more EPS out of the companies' performance, and improve the share price while thousands of people lose their jobs? The "average person" who willingly bought more house than they could afford and were complicit in "fudging the numbers", then walked away from their mortgage obligations when the market turned and the house declined in value? The citizen who "rails" against government, but who does not vote, volunteer their time to charitable causes, and misrepresents themselves when filing taxes? I'm very curious as to who are these "good people"?

People like me and you Rogue! The hard working decent people who treat everyone with respect.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
              Anybody who thinks Pujols is going to return to his glory years is in complete denial over his past PED use. Once he signed with the Angels, he stopped his program. How can people not see this?
              Home run 7 and 8 tonight.

Comment

That's also career HR #500 for Prince Albert...and all done clean. Right Tim?
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

And the Pujols owner in my league is in first place by a wide margin.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    And the Pujols owner in my league is in first place by a wide margin.
                    Mine too.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Mine too.
                      Mine isn't in my OBP/SLG league. That happy owner has Albert at 25. Sadly, he also has Billy Butler, Nick Swisher, JJ Hardy, and Robinson Cano. And that would be me...but at least I'm in a strong 3rd place position.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Mine too.
                        I was there! And he is on my squad! If my Nats are going to play like little leaguers it is nice to have witnessed history and taken a rank point or two ...

Comment

Working...
                        X