Pujols and Hamilton...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols and Hamilton...

Damn they look awful..do they have anything left at all?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I think Pujols is going to have a great year.

Comment

Hamilton had a .625 OBP coming into this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I think Pujols is going to have a great year.
        His swing looks awful. Just sayin....
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          His swing looks awful. Just sayin....
          The same was said about David Ortiz a few years ago. Pujols may get hurt again but one of the best hitters ever didn't suddenly go from all time great to awful.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Pujols is going to return to his glory years is in complete denial over his past PED use. Once he signed with the Angels, he stopped his program. How can people not see this?

Comment

I dont own either of them. They just look old....maybe they both have good seasons, but i wouldn't bet much on that.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                Anybody who thinks Pujols is going to return to his glory years is in complete denial over his past PED use. Once he signed with the Angels, he stopped his program. How can people not see this?
                Because there's only hearsay evidence at best

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                  Because there's only hearsay evidence at best
                  It's pretty easy to connect the dots. Just research Chris Mihfeld and his link to known PED users.

Comment

How about reading work that shows that PEDs are very much overblown?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      It's pretty easy to connect the dots. Just research Chris Mihfeld and his link to known PED users.
                      So, if his PED program is so good, why would he quit? Let's take this argument to the logical conclusion - baseball's testing program, though vastly improved, is still nowhere near as rigorous as cycling was. Albert Pujols has access to at least as much money as Lance Armstrong did. Armstrong, under a vastly more rigorous program, was never caught. Had Pujols been using, and never caught, why would he stop when he joined the Angels? Because of fear of being caught? C'mon, don't make me laugh. Because of fear of a 50-day suspension? <Snicker> Because of fear of losing sponsorships? Really? With a $250+ million contract? Uh, no.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        So, if his PED program is so good, why would he quit? Let's take this argument to the logical conclusion - baseball's testing program, though vastly improved, is still nowhere near as rigorous as cycling was. Albert Pujols has access to at least as much money as Lance Armstrong did. Armstrong, under a vastly more rigorous program, was never caught. Had Pujols been using, and never caught, why would he stop when he joined the Angels? Because of fear of being caught? C'mon, don't make me laugh. Because of fear of a 50-day suspension? <Snicker> Because of fear of losing sponsorships? Really? With a $250+ million contract? Uh, no.
                        Maybe PEDs isn't the "in" thing in California these days.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          You began that paragraph with a question that you answered in the end. Once he signed that huge deal, there was no point in ever risking his HoF chances. I posted it here on these boards on the thread that covered his deal with the Angels. I opined that he has been on steroids throughout his career and I would expect him to quit them immediately, now that his image is still immaculate. The precipitous decline in stats I suspect is a combination of a PEDless skillset and that perhaps he's a couple years older than he claims.

All speculation on my part, of course, and I'd be happy to be wrong, because Pujols seems like a genuinely good dude, but I just call it like I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            You began that paragraph with a question that you answered in the end. Once he signed that huge deal, there was no point in ever risking his HoF chances. I posted it here on these boards on the thread that covered his deal with the Angels. I opined that he has been on steroids throughout his career and I would expect him to quit them immediately, now that his image is still immaculate. The precipitous decline in stats I suspect is a combination of a PEDless skillset and that perhaps he's a couple years older than he claims.

All speculation on my part, of course, and I'd be happy to be wrong, because Pujols seems like a genuinely good dude, but I just call it like I see it.
                            So, if you're sure that Pujols was on the juice all through his Cardinal career, do you feel the same about Bonds and his peak years with the Giants?
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              I guess because, thankfully, people need proof that nefarious accusations like that are actually true.
                              Jack Clark had proof!

Comment

Working...
                              X