No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonifacio seems like he would be a good signing for the Yankees or Orioles or perhaps back to the Marlins. I don't think the Jays want him back even though he might improve their ballclub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      For Pogues, from Rotoworld--

"Royals released INF/OF Emilio Bonifacio.

Bonifacio cleared release waivers, so he is now a free agent and can sign with any club. He's owed $575,000 from the Royals in the form of termination pay. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that Bonifacio has drawn interest from at least nine teams, including the Orioles. He should land somewhere quickly."

Bottom line--Fear not. If he sees even semi-regular playing time, he'll do his one thing--run--and do it well.
      I'm not worried. I totally knew he had been released when I picked him.

Totally.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        And Sizemore. And Jeter (remember him?).
        Your PM box is full.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Went a long time without the guys at the top of my list getting picked. But it seems like all of our values are converging again since Parra and Benoit were the next 2 guys on my list after Veras.

I have DQ's list so let me know when he picks.

Comment

• Yahoo teams are entered through the last pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Your PM box is full.
              Thanks for the heads-up. It's not full now.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                Yahoo teams are entered through the last pick.
                As far as I can tell...I can't see any roster changes. Transactions, the roster page, all blank to us.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  As far as I can tell...I can't see any roster changes. Transactions, the roster page, all blank to us.
                  Probably will be until the draft is over. There should be a draft page though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    Only changes you will see is the player pool will get smaller as weapon1 enters the picks. You will not see a roster until the draft is fully entered.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• There's an error on the MDC site - I took Cozart in round 15, not Farquhar.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        There's an error on the MDC site - I took Cozart in round 15, not Farquhar.
                        Never rely on it, it often makes picks before i can enter them. I update and correct it a few times a day.

Comment

• Does Drew Smyly qualify as RP?

He made no starts last year & I was wondering if I could slot him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
                            Does Drew Smyly qualify as RP?

He made no starts last year & I was wondering if I could slot him there.
                            I believe so. Look him up in Yahoo and see what his position is.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Yup, Kluber and Oscar lasted about 5 rounds too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Yup, Kluber and Oscar lasted about 5 rounds too long.
                                I'm hoping my $ league is similarly disinterested.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X