2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Some really good picks just ahead of me. I though about putting Marte at the top of my queue, then decided that was the Pirates fan in me thinking, not the objective observer. Fernandez was second on my list and Donaldson was near the top of my hitters' list.

I went with Jansen because I had two closers far and away at the top of my list in that area, and the other (Kimbrel) was already gone.
    Are you saying that Kimbrel and Jansen are far and away the two best closers in fantasy? I think that's what I read but I want to be sure before I mock you.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Are you saying that Kimbrel and Jansen are far and away the two best closers in fantasy? I think that's what I read but I want to be sure before I mock you.
      In my opinion--and we all know what that's worth.

Obviously, your mileage varies.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• I'm away from a real computer for a while yet. Can sometime take Chapman for me?
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          I'm away from a real computer for a while yet. Can sometime take Chapman for me?
          Ray or Ben?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Ray or Ben?
            Tracy?
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• i think only weapon1 can, since he's the only one with the commish login. you'll have to send somebody else your login info for them to enter it for you mjl...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Tracy?
                She's only available in the NASCAR draft.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Is there a way to give more than one person commish access?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Is there a way to give more than one person commish access?
                    I already PM'd weapon and asked. If there is I think it would be a good idea.

Comment

• so MJL times out at 11PM according to MDC. Is that right?
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I already PM'd weapon and asked. If there is I think it would be a good idea.
                        he implied last night that there was. but since he's away from internet access, it won't happen today...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          so MJL times out at 11PM according to MDC. Is that right?
                          Yes. He already asked someone to give him Chapman, but without admin rights OR mjl's username and PW, we can't add Chapman to him.
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                            Yes. He already asked someone to give him Chapman, but without admin rights OR mjl's username and PW, we can't add Chapman to him.

fair enough. I am asking in general what we are doing with time limits. At least we should move on by posting picks in this thread.

Comment

• I think we should just go back to picking here to speed things up. Use MDC just to keep track of the draft. I posted something about this earlier with only one person having access to moving the picks along.

Comment

• I think drafting on two sites would only add confusion. People simply need to put a list up on MDC and use the autodraft function.

Comment

Working...
                                X