No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears that Acuna will need to heat up before getting promoted to the ML.

Acuna will get a chance to relax and establish a routine with Triple-A Gwinnett before a promotion to the big leagues, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports. "I think the biggest thing with him is he's just trying too hard," Braves manager Brian Snitker said Monday. "He's pressing. He'll be fine."

Comment

• Braves sign the rotting carcass of Jose Bautista to a minor league deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Braves sign the rotting carcass of Jose Bautista to a minor league deal.
        Seeing guys like Reynolds and Bautista get signed finally really makes me wonder whose cornflakes Melky Cabrera pissed in. Maybe I'm missing something. It can't be his defense given how bad these guys are on that front, and Melky can still hit. Maybe he wouldn't sign a minor league deal like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Braves sign the rotting carcass of Jose Bautista to a minor league deal.
          Ugh, and they're going to have him play 3rd...that should go well.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Ugh, and they're going to have him play 3rd...that should go well.
            Kinda like a Trump tweet after midnight.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Kinda like a Trump tweet after midnight.
              You could've put the period after the word "Tweet." ...No, actually, after the word "Trump." LOL

Comment

• Acuna has a multi-hit game a his first bomb. Nothing great but better than the 3/21 he started the season.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Freddie Freeman hit in the wrist again...didn't look good fwiw.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    Freddie Freeman hit in the wrist again...didn't look good fwiw.
                    Damn. He's my biggest bat on my RJEL team that also has Taijuan Walker and Corey Knebel. Some years, there's just nothing you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      Freddie Freeman hit in the wrist again...didn't look good fwiw.
                      If he broke that damn wrist again, I'm sending him protective gear. He needs to put on one of Bonds' old elbow pads on his wrist or something. That is just nuts if he broke that wrist for a second straight year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        If he broke that damn wrist again, I'm sending him protective gear. He needs to put on one of Bonds' old elbow pads on his wrist or something. That is just nuts if he broke that wrist for a second straight year.
                        Josh Harrison of the Pirates has had the same hand broken twice by HBP since last September!
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Stop me if you've heard this before. Freeman is one of the best hitters in the league. Then gets his wrist broken. Comes back and is still good but not elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            The problem is not the lack of protective equipment. It is that he keeps somehow getting hit on the inside of the back wrist. I don't think that can be protected and still allow a batter to swing properly. The physics of how he keeps getting hit there are beyond me. But yeah, don't hold your breath. It's broken. Freddie knew it immediately.

Comment

• Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
                              Follow Follow @JimBowdenGM
                              More
                              Freddie Freeman is having more tests this morning but #Braves think he’ll be ok….will know more this morning after cat-scan …...

6:52 AM - 19 Apr 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
                                Follow Follow @JimBowdenGM
                                More
                                Freddie Freeman is having more tests this morning but #Braves think he’ll be ok….will know more this morning after cat-scan …...

6:52 AM - 19 Apr 2018
                                Minor miracle if true. Hit him in the exact same spot, and his reaction indicated that he thought it was broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X