No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems both teheran and Anibal Sanchez came through their workouts fine, so both will likely make their starts this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Seems both teheran and Anibal Sanchez came through their workouts fine, so both will likely make their starts this week.
      Thanks for the update. I won Soroka in the RJ mock league and probably wasn't going to start him, but this seals it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• And the Braves decide to call Soroka up anyway, and he’s making his MLB debut tonight vs. the Mets.

Comment

• Given the new Braves lineup, I think Ender Inciarte should be called the Baby-Sitter. Tonight, he's batting after the second-youngest player in the majors and before the third-youngest and youngest.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Given the new Braves lineup, I think Ender Inciarte should be called the Baby-Sitter. Tonight, he's batting after the second-youngest player in the majors and before the third-youngest and youngest.
            Dansby Swanson, who was drafted less than 3 years ago, looks like an old man in that lineup.

Comment

And the Braves decide to call Soroka up anyway, and he’s making his MLB debut tonight vs. the Mets.
              Facing Thor. Grabbed him and plugged him in in one league anyway.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Dansby Swanson, who was drafted less than 3 years ago, looks like an old man in that lineup.
                The day that Dansby Swanson was drafted he was older than those three are right now. (Just barely in the case of Albies, but easily for the other two.)

Comment

• Soroka pitched great and is expected to get another start this weekend.

If you take a look at the Braves entire staff, of the 12 pitchers with the most IP, only 5 have a BB/9 rate of under 4.0. Soroka's addition to the rotation would certainly lead to less pitches being thrown by all, which leads me to guess he's soon to become a permanent member for this season.

Comment

Soroka pitched great and is expected to get another start this weekend.

If you take a look at the Braves entire staff, of the 12 pitchers with the most IP, only 5 have a BB/9 rate of under 4.0. Soroka's addition to the rotation would certainly lead to less pitches being thrown by all, which leads me to guess he's soon to become a permanent member for this season.
                    Oh, he'll definitely get a chance to stick. Anibal Sanchez was not picked up to block anyone, lol. Not sure where Gohara fits, however. Then again, he's trying to avoid the conversation entirely by stinking it up in AAA.

Comment

• Why the hell is Inciarte batting 9th?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Why the hell is Inciarte batting 9th?
                        Because the Braves read your thoughts about him in the Slow Starts or Chumps thread and figured he should go down where he belongs with all the other "chumps" at the bottom of batting orders everywhere.

Comment

• Acuna goes 3 for 5 today with another HR. 451 feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Because the Braves read your thoughts about him in the Slow Starts or Chumps thread and figured he should go down where he belongs with all the other "chumps" at the bottom of batting orders everywhere.
                            Im not that important.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Why the hell is Inciarte batting 9th?
                              It was the new lineup since Sunday. Snitker showing he is a bit more new school than old school. The idea is really simple, he's a leadoff type hitter, so the secondary leadoff position (9) is the best slot for him if you want more or your plate appearances go to your best players. And Albies, Acuna, and Freeman are their best players. Jim Bowden of all people had a great takedown of someone griping about the same thing on the radio the other day. The other guy finally gave up and told him to stop letting his real baseball interfere with his fantasy production from Inciarte.

Comment

• So Inciarte isnt the 4th best hitter ? If so, why wouldnt he bat 5th or even 6th to get more PA's, which would be around 60 or so from what i read.

So having a 2nd leadoff hitter is more productive than those extra PA's? I dont really know, just inquiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X