2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    One ball cap. Team of choice: MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, College.

You win if he goes #1. I win if he goes #4 or lower. Push if he goes to UCLA or gets drafted #2 or #3.

J
    OK...although I think I should also get #2 and 3, since they all were over the 5 million figure that was the alleged final offer by Houston. But I'm easy...we'll do your terms.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      yeah, adding the point about Aiken throwing 97 right in the middle of talking about his different anatomy didnt mean anything. Got it.
      funny because I said that a few posts before yours.

This is just you, as was already pointed out, digging your heels in. You like to argue even when its pretty clear you have no chance of being right. Aiken is not going #1 next year and everyone but you will admit it.

Who is Bryan?
      LOL...your reading comprehension is amusing as all get out. Go and find the post where I said that Aiken WILL be #1 next year, please...I can wait forever.

And adding in the fact that Aiken can throw 97 is a fact...means nothing in and of itself, except it's correct, unlike your statements. Now, I truly am done...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        OK...although I think I should also get #2 and 3, since they all were over the 5 million figure that was the alleged final offer by Houston. But I'm easy...we'll do your terms.
        Aiken can't be drafted #2 next year.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        LOL...your reading comprehension is amusing as all get out. Go and find the post where I said that Aiken WILL be #1 next year, please...I can wait forever.
        AAAaaand the back peddling begins!!
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Aiken can't be drafted #2 next year.

AAAaaand the back peddling begins!!
          Still waiting for you to come up that phantom post that you imagined where I supposedly said that Aiken would be drafted 1st overall...go ahead, really.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Still waiting for you to come up that phantom post that you imagined where I supposedly said that Aiken would be drafted 1st overall...go ahead, really.
            You've been arguing, for page upon page of posts, that Aiken was smart to reject the $5M because he will get more next year. That means #1 or #3.

You've also been arguing that you dont see why Aiken won't be picked #1 next year.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

You've been arguing, for page upon page of posts, that Aiken was smart to reject the $5M because he will get more next year. That means #1 or #3.

You've also been arguing that you dont see why Aiken won't be picked #1 next year.
              Still waiting...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I did however learn something new. Aiken/Close may have turned down the $5M knowing that he was likely get less money in the future because of the increased chance Aiken is made a FA. Even a damaged player like Aiken could easily get more than a $7M contract on the open market. Waaaay more.
                yeah, that was the one wrinkle i didn't know about. it'd be an interesting move if that were allowed.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Who is Bryan?
                  that'd be me. steve was referring to us butting heads in this thread ...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Can't wait until someone blames this fiasco on Forbes magazine...

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      that'd be me. steve was referring to us butting heads in this thread ...
                      ah, was trying to figure out someone's real name, but maybe that is your real name.

You were right about horns digging in those heels. But he can retract them instantly just as well!

Comment

You said "no reason he declines", hence #1 overall. I'm going easy on you. I won't wait three more years to settle though. If he starts a 4 year school, bet is off.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          You said "no reason he declines", hence #1 overall. I'm going easy on you. I won't wait three more years to settle though. If he starts a 4 year school, bet is off.

J
                          "No reason he declines" refers to his skill set, not his potential draft position, but frankly, read into it what you will. I'll take the bet on your terms, because it's fairly irrelevant. And it's a hat...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• So, what do you all think of Aiken as a roto asset at this point? If he were eligible to be rostered in your league, what would you give for him? Given the risk and how far off he was, would you give someone like Lance McCullers? Rafael Montero? Kyler Zimmer? How would you weigh his risk reward against lesser upside but safer assets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              So, what do you all think of Aiken as a roto asset at this point? If he were eligible to be rostered in your league, what would you give for him? Given the risk and how far off he was, would you give someone like Lance McCullers? Rafael Montero? Kyler Zimmer? How would you weigh his risk reward against lesser upside but safer assets?
                              yes to McCullers, not sure on next two but if it were a short term keeper league I'd take the chance. Long term or dynasty I'd have to think a bit but might still do it. Zimmer is hurt all the time anyway...

Comment

• Chris Carter is, dare I say, en fuego!

Comment

Working...
                                X