2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    If Herrera looks remotely ready, I can definitely see them shipping Murphy out. But where? Would anyone else take him on as a 2B? Does anyone desperately need a 3B? Maybe as a 1B/DH? It's possible that Chase Utley is somewhat available as a 2B/1B option and Aaron Hill is somewhat available as a 2B/3B option, and no contenders have jumped on them yet.
    Hill is washed up. Utley is solid but no spring chicken. Murphy clearly hits well and is still young enough. I'm sure there is a market for him. Mets could use a real bullpen arm (or a hitting prospect).

Or - radical idea - a shortstop who can field (not Wilmer Flores). There is no way Flores can possibly hit enough to make up for his fielding.

Comment

• Murphy is a nice AL bat. He's quite decent at 3B, and better than you'd think at 1B.
      as a full-time 2B not so much, and he can fill in at corner OF only in the right parks.
      but he can hit .300 and bounce around.

yeah, a bad fit for the remarkable SP Mets staff that continues to develop. they pitch so well that they don't even seem to need Murphy's offense...
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• BFBC, as everyone in my league calls him (Big Fat Bartolo Colon) continues to amaze me. I thought he was at the end of his glory days 9 years ago, yet he has reinvented himself over the last 5, after 4 crap years. He is exactly the sort of player that goes undervalued for years in my league. Everyone waits for the wheels to fall of and the prince to turn back into a frog, but it isn't happening. Any player falling off in his mid 30s and then somehow getting good again amazes me, but I just continue to be flabbergasted by BFBC.

Anyone else surprised by this guy having a career era under 4? Barely, but still.

Comment

• most career Wins, active at start of season

Rank Player (yrs, age) Wins Throws
          1. Tim Hudson (17, 39) 215 R
          2. Bartolo Colon (18, 42) 209 R
          3. CC Sabathia (15, 34) 208 L
          4. Mark Buehrle (16, 36) 202 L

5. A.J. Burnett (17, 38) 155 R
          6. John Lackey (13, 36) 153 R
          7. J Verlander (10, 32) 152 R
          8. Dan Haren (13, 34) 145 R
          9. Kyle Lohse (15, 36) 143 R
          10. Jake Peavy (14, 34) 139 R
          11. Jered Weaver (10, 32) 131 R
          12. F Hernandez (11, 29) 130 R
          13. Zack Greinke (12, 31) 127 R
          14. Aaron Harang (14, 37) 125 R
          15. Jason Marquis (15, 36) 124 R

the game is difficult

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• is there a stat for pitching mound conferences to talk strategy? think of all the experience a pitcher like Colon has. maybe a pitcher that leads the league in least amount of visits, is one not prone to getting rattled or out-guessed. not that im even sure about what they talk about on the mound, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              is there a stat for pitching mound conferences to talk strategy? think of all the experience a pitcher like Colon has. maybe a pitcher that leads the league in least amount of visits, is one not prone to getting rattled or out-guessed. not that im even sure about what they talk about on the mound, lol.
              I'm sure it's similar to what I tell my pitchers when I visit the mound for the 14U girls softball team that I coach. I tell them a dumb joke, suggest going for ice cream after the game, and then I go back and sit down. It usually works. Haha.

Comment

• here comes SYNDERGAARD, for Mets on Tuesday.
                Gee to DL

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  here comes SYNDERGAARD, for Mets on Tuesday.
                  Gee to DL
                  JUST traded for him.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Parnell and Black doing Vegas AAA tuneup stints this weekend, on the mend

about 16 round pegs into 12-13 square holes

I don't recall anything like it, other than the Cubs bat explosions

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Parnell and Black doing Vegas AAA tuneup stints this weekend, on the mend

about 16 round pegs into 12-13 square holes

I don't recall anything like it, other than the Cubs bat explosions
                      I should go check this out I know Pence is in town with Sacramento tonight.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Not sure how I feel about the Mets going with a 6 man rotation. It prolongs DeGrom's year for me, but I lose out on 2 start weeks in the mean time. I guess it makes sense for the Mets though with all the young arms with inning caps.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-25-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• probably 2 runs thru 6-man, then reevaluate.
                          no question that it's a good idea at the moment, for a host of reasons....

every Mets SP in this rotation has better numbers in career with 5 days rest (except Gee)

oh, the Mets listed ex-Met pitchers born same year as Colon, who now is 42.
                          among them: 1990s phenoms Paul Wilson and Bill Pulsipher (!)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Kirk Nieuwenhuis traded to the Angels for cash.

Comment

• Anyone know where I could find splits on a pitcher by times through the order? I ask here, because I'm a DeGrom owner, and he is as good as any pitcher in baseball the first time through the order, and falls off after that. I wouldn't be surprised if his era the first time through was under 1. The guy is the anti-Glavine.

I also have a question related to that--does this split bode well or poorly for him long term? Is it a red flag to you, because hitters adjust to him during a game, or it is a sign for potential growth, because if he starts figuring out how to adjust back, he can rise to being a true ace?

Comment

• If you're a deGrom owner, enjoy the ride. The only tiny thing about him is how laidback he is, but after a couple of so-so starts, note his response to that on the mound. he's a converted SS, a great athlete, fearless, with great stuff. I don't see any red flags.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X