2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    If you're a deGrom owner, enjoy the ride. The only tiny thing about him is how laidback he is, but after a couple of so-so starts, note his response to that on the mound. he's a converted SS, a great athlete, fearless, with great stuff. I don't see any red flags.
    That's good to hear, but what is your take on why he seems to be better to start a game, and struggles, relatively, the second time through the order?

Comment

• a fair question, and I don't know, but I haven't heard of any stamina or pitch-tipping or other issues - and seems to me like he has plenty of games where nobody touches him. but I don't own him, alas (only have RMontero, who is about 14th in the SP pecking order at this point. they are breeding hot P prospects like rabbits again this year).
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• http://nypost.com/2015/05/31/a-torri...r-3rd-baseman/

So the Mets are now set with Tejada at 3B (should be at SS), Flores at SS (should be at 2B), and Murphy at 2B (should be at 3B).

main point: in NL, grab SS-eligible Tejada, who now has an every day job

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

probably 2 runs thru 6-man, then reevaluate.
          no question that it's a good idea at the moment, for a host of reasons....

every Mets SP in this rotation has better numbers in career with 5 days rest (except Gee)

oh, the Mets listed ex-Met pitchers born same year as Colon, who now is 42.
          among them: 1990s phenoms Paul Wilson and Bill Pulsipher (!)
          Gee moved to the pen, so that ends the 6-mn rotation experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Until Matz gets called up.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gee moved to the pen, so that ends the 6-man rotation experiment.
              Gee Whizzer. This without Zack Wheeler.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Gee DFA'd, so that ends the Dillon Gee experiment.

Expect him to be optioned to AAA, since no one would be crazy enough to pay the remainder of his $5.3m salary for this season.

Comment

Gee DFA'd, so that ends the Dillon Gee experiment.

Expect him to be optioned to AAA, since no one would be crazy enough to pay the remainder of his $5.3m salary for this season.
                  That's a pittance today...he's not great, but there's a number of contenders where he'd slide into the 4th/5th slot just fine.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    That's a pittance today...he's not great, but there's a number of contenders where he'd slide into the 4th/5th slot just fine.
                    Bigger issue: the Mets horribly bungled this situation. They could have traded Gee this offseason for something (not sure what, but something of modest value). And in Spring Training, there were several teams looking for starters. Instead, the Mets jerked Gee around and made it clear to all that they didn't value him. As a result, any market value Gee had is shot. Poor work by Alderson and Co. And you can't blame this on the Wilpons.

Comment

• Blue Jays score 88 runs in the last 11 games - all wins.

Syndergaard tonight whiffs 11 Jays in 6 IP, leaves down 1-0.

I haven't seen anyone call this crop "typical New York hype" - because it isn't.

oh, lefty Matz may be here July 1. hide the women and children....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Blue Jays score 88 runs in the last 11 games - all wins.

Syndergaard tonight whiffs 11 Jays in 6 IP, leaves down 1-0.

I haven't seen anyone call this crop "typical New York hype" - because it isn't.

oh, lefty Matz may be here July 1. hide the women and children....
                        And the boys are in first place, having just pulled one out against Toronto (despite leaky bullpen). Sandy Alderson should bring in some reinforcements for the pen, and I don't mean Akeel Morris from single-A! Let's go Mets!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Bigger issue: the Mets horribly bungled this situation. They could have traded Gee this offseason for something (not sure what, but something of modest value). And in Spring Training, there were several teams looking for starters. Instead, the Mets jerked Gee around and made it clear to all that they didn't value him. As a result, any market value Gee had is shot. Poor work by Alderson and Co. And you can't blame this on the Wilpons.
                          Agreed, although we don't know much and Colon, Niese and Gee all have been on the block for most of the season with seemingly no takers. Not like any would have fetched much anyhow.

Perhaps, but still a 99.99% chance he clears waivers and heads to AAA.

Comment

• I have to think Gee could have fetched a decent reliever. We got someone for Matt Den Dekker after all.

Comment

• Gee I think making 5.8M
                              he would clear waivers and be a decent Aug band-aid if needed
                              team still in SP catbird seat

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• With Frias having another mediocre start I could see the Dodgers picking up Gee's salary just to see what he's got.

Comment

Working...
                                X