2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
    Nice! You might get 100 HR with a .230 average though. But still pretty sweet to have all 3.
    If i keep Baez, i was thinking of stashing him on my bench until he shows the ability to hit at least .250.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      If i keep Baez, i was thinking of stashing him on my bench until he shows the ability to hit at least .250.
      You are really going to be mad when he hits 43 bombs and bats .243 all the while sitting on your bench.

I wonder if the guys in Ryno's league know to bid him up on every .300 hitter he needs to get to even out his 3 headed monster?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        You are really going to be mad when he hits 43 bombs and bats .243 all the while sitting on your bench.
        Yeah, who am i kidding. I would probably start him after he had one good game. I guess what i'm trying to say is i would want to have another decent SS (Gordon at 2B) on my roster this year for plan B.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you guys expect Bryant to come up as a 3B or an OF?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Do you guys expect Bryant to come up as a 3B or an OF?
            Third base. I don't think the Cubs really want Bryant changing positions during his rookie season. His first year will be stressful enough without having to learn the outfield. Now that i think of it, maybe that was a big part of the problem for Baez last year. Although Bryant does seem to make quicker adjustments than Baez.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He might do that in AAA.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                He might do that in AAA.
                Or with the Phillies.

Comment

Or with the Phillies.
                  This would be wise, so I hope it doesn't happen.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Two more HR for Kris Bryant (league leading six HR), it's going to be hard for the Cubs to justify not taking him north to start the season

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Two more HR for Kris Bryant (league leading six HR), it's going to be hard for the Cubs to justify not taking him north to start the season
                      I heard on the Score that if they send him down for the 3 weeks they save about 30 million dollars at the end of the contract. It is going to be a very hard business decision to keep him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I heard on the Score that if they send him down for the 3 weeks they save about 30 million dollars at the end of the contract. It is going to be a very hard business decision to keep him up.
                        For that to be true, he basically has to become the best player in baseball history.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          It is my understanding that Bryant needs be kept down only 12 days, so April 17th is the first day he could come up (with the Cubs securing an extra year of control). Thanks to two off-days in the early going, Bryant would miss just 9 games at the start of the year before being called up.

Comment

• Bryant's total of six home runs is more than the total of five teams!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              It is my understanding that Bryant needs be kept down only 12 days, so April 17th is the first day he could come up (with the Cubs securing an extra year of control). Thanks to two off-days in the early going, Bryant would miss just 9 games at the start of the year before being called up.
                              That doesn't jive with the super-two conceit that has occurred recently. I don't know all the ins and outs of the rule, but it seems to be the standard for which highly qualified young studs are deprived of their moolah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                For that to be true, he basically has to become the best player in baseball history.
                                Well, with inflation it would seem that he would only have to be in the top ten. But even if it was "only" 20 million for the 3 weeks it would still be a bad business decision.

Clayton Kershaw
                                STARTING PITCHER $32,571,428
                                Justin Verlander
                                STARTING PITCHER $28,000,000
                                Josh Hamilton
                                LEFT FIELD $25,400,000
                                Zack Greinke
                                STARTING PITCHER $25,000,000

Ryan Howard
                                1ST BASE $25,000,000

Cliff Lee
                                STARTING PITCHER $25,000,000