Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Best 'stache in MLB?

It would be a contender if not for the beard. He needs to shave that off, concentrate on the mustache, and grow it out more. I doubt that he'll ever get it to the Rollie Fingers level of epicness, though.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Ruggiano out 3-4 weeks with a hammy strain.

Comment

Free Ryan Sweeney!

Every year, late in the auction, I hear a voice that sounds exactly like mine make a bid for a player I don't want. Apparently that voice is my subconscious.

This year, Sweeney for 3.
        SOLD!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Cub manager Rickey Renteria not sure who closer is at this point . Mixing and matching ! Pedro Strop not available after 31 pitches Wed.

Comment

Fujikawa cannot come back soon enough. Anyone got an update from his injury 10 days ago.

Comment

After Mike Olt's at bat in the first inning today, he is 16 for 86 on the year, with 7 singles, 1 double, and 8 home runs. And 32 strikeouts.

In May he's hitting .240/.366/.720 with 2 singles and 4 HR.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Any update on pitching prospect C.J. Edwards? Was shut down a month ago: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7527/cj-edwards

Comment

So Bryant has quickly moved to AAA. Stats so far:
                  18 Games
                  7 HRs
                  20 RBIs
                  3 SB
                  8 BB
                  21 SOs
                  BA .364
                  OBP .432
                  SLG .773
                  OPS 1.205

Comment

Some baseball guys for WGN were talking about the trade. They didn't like it. Said we are two years away from being two years away.

Comment

K Bryant line for the year is all kinds of shiny.

Minors 2014 BA .355 Games 87, AB 318, HR 30, RBI 80, SB 11, OBP .451, SLG .720, OPS 1.171

Comment

In baseball thats a quick leap, right? College to playing well in AAA within a year?
                        Could be up by September?

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
                          In baseball thats a quick leap, right? College to playing well in AAA within a year?
                          Could be up by September?
                          As of June 20th, a September call-up was off the table unless the Ricketts family overrules Theo.

"I don't foresee a scenario where he would be up this year," Cubs President Theo Epstein said before the Cubs beat the Pirates 6-3 Friday at Wrigley Field.

"I don't think it's the right thing to do for someone in his first full professional season, barring extraordinary circumstances both with respect to the player and what's going on with the big league club.

"I think it would be a tremendous accomplishment to dominate Double A the way he did the first half of the season and go to Triple A, continue his development, stay healthy all year, and be productive all year."
                          Last edited by Davros; 07-07-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Calling him up would not be in their plans for losing this year. I would guess Theo is not too happy with their current record.

Comment

I think that they'll call up Bryant in September, after the AAA playoffs are done with. It's a reward, and a look at what happens in the big leagues. I'll be shocked if he's not up there for a week or two after Iowa is all done.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                I think that they'll call up Bryant in September, after the AAA playoffs are done with. It's a reward, and a look at what happens in the big leagues. I'll be shocked if he's not up there for a week or two after Iowa is all done.
                                Yep, I agree. It would surprise me more if he didn't get the call than if he did. Plus it wouldn't hurt to give the fans a little taste of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X