No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a dumb rule. Good thing it worked out anyway.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Emilio Bonifacio sets a major league record with 9 hits over the season's 1st two games.
      Two more hits today and stolen base number four...

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Emilio Bonifacio sets a major league record with 9 hits over the season's 1st two games.
        Chris Shelton and Tuffy Rhodes send their regards

Comment

I wonder if Bonifacio's hot start has any impact on Alcantara's eta. Thoughts?

Comment

If the Cubs believe Alcantara is legit, I doubt a few days of hot hitting from a journeyman would derail that.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              I wonder if Bonifacio's hot start has any impact on Alcantara's eta. Thoughts?
              It is only a few days. Maybe it gives Bonifacio more outfield starts for awhile. Don't forget Baez as an option at 2B after the A-S break.

Comment

I has Bonifacio I think 2009, when he started 14 for 23 iirc. SELL!
                lol
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

In more important Cubs news...

Kris Bryant started his 2014 season in an auspicious manner, as he hit a two-run home run in his first at-bat of the season off Mat Latos in Double-A Tennessee's 6-5 loss at Pensacola. Bryant, the second overall pick in the 2013 draft, went 1 for 3 with two runs and a stolen base. Jorge Soler hit a double in the first inning but was pulled because of recurring hamstring tightness.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    1 for 3 with two home runs is quite the accomplishment! Bryant is a miracle worker.
                    Both the article and the post said a 2-run HR and 2 Rs.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Both the article and the post said a 2-run HR and 2 Rs.
                      But El's way is the only hope the Cubs have to get to .500 this year...oh wait they don't want to do that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Sure, if you read the actual text. I prefer to make up my own facts.
                        Must. Resist. Temptation.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Kris Bryant broke a scoreless tie in the seventh inning with a solo home run on Friday night. The home run was Byrant’s second in as many nights. Starter C.J. Edwards pitched four scoreless innings. Outfielder Jorge Soler was placed on the seven-day disabled list.

Comment

Free Kris Bryant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Free Kris Bryant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Seconded...I took him at the draft for a buck, but dropped him. Gotta keep an eye on him to see when/if he gets the call.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Best 'stache in MLB?

Comment

Working...
                                X