2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Sunday that Brett Cecil will be the team's closer to start the year.
    It was the expected choice, but the confirmation gives fantasy owners some appreciated clarity. The decision also affects Aaron Sanchez, who will now certainly move forward as a starter. Cecil, a lefty, had a 2.70 ERA and 76/27 K/BB ratio over 53 1/3 innings for the Jays last season.- per RotoWorld
    Yeah, I posted this a few hours ago over in the Toronto thread...not sure why the M's should care.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Gregg's still living in 1977 when it's hard to tell those two terrible expansion teams apart.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Yeah, I posted this a few hours ago over in the Toronto thread...not sure why the M's should care.
        The M's were going to trade for Cecil if he was not named the closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          The M's were going to trade for Cecil if he was not named the closer.
          And you heard that where?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            And you heard that where?
            My second cousin's wife's uncle's brother in law knows a guy that is involved in such matters...or maybe it is possible that I thought I was in the Toronto thread after I took a break to work.

Either way, Cecil is the closer and the M's don't have to concern themselves any longer.

Comment

• Six more scoreless innings for Taijuan Walker tonight, two hits, one walk and six strikeouts. He has not allowed a run in 18 spring innings, six hits and 19 strikeouts. I wonder if McClendon has finally seen enough to name him the 5th starter?

Comment

• Is this some kind of a joke...

McClendon still not ready to make announcement on fifth starter. Says Elias will get another start, possibly in Minor League game ..

https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/sta...63727075405824
                Elias - 6.75 ERA and 8/7 K/BB ratio over 14 2/3 innings

Comment

• McClendon hates Bodz and is trying to make his head explode. That is the only possible explanation.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Nah. I'm impervious to this stuff at this point.

Honestly, though, this is likely all coach/front office speak to try to make sure everyone is competing as hard as possible. I'm confident that Walker has the job and Elias will go to Tacoma for a while until an injury pops up in the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Mariner prospect Victor Sanchez was in a boating accident and is in critical condition. Let's hope for the best here.
                      Unfortunately Sanchez passed away last night. RIP.

Comment

• A guy with a great changeup and awful control goes to the Rays? No way!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          A guy with a great changeup and awful control goes to the Rays? No way!

I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night.

That said, he's not going to be long for the rotation if Smyly & Cobb stay on track. I think his fastball/cambio would play up out of the pen though. His breaking balls are garbage

Comment

• Seems like Nelson Cruz is seeing the ball pretty well now. Granted, these 4 HRs have come away from Safeco, but this second one in LA last night is a doozy. I don't think it ever got more than 40 ft off the ground.

105 mph off bat at 22 deg. Max height 59 ft. I guess that's not too extreme, but still impressive.

Comment

• And another tonight. 5 in 4 games!

Comment

• Remember that crappy start by James Paxton the other day? Well, the Rangers appealed a scoring play which had been ruled an error, and MLB agreed with them, adding FIVE more earned runs to Paxton's total.

Comment

Working...
                                X