No announcement yet.

2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle FO LOVES Guti. Talked to someone last week here at the meetings who said he put the odds of him returning to Seattle at 99.9%.

I just can't believe he's only 30 years old. I thought he was 35

Comment

• Seattle signs Burt Reynolds.

No, not that one. This is Robinson Cano's 25-year-old cousin, who's spent the last few years in indy ball and has never played above A ball. A courtesy signing, nothing more.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• From Rotoworld--

"CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mariners are refusing to part with Taijuan Walker in a trade for David Price.
        "Taijuan Walker will be on our club," a Mariners official told Heyman. The Mariners have been one of the clubs that have talked to the Rays about a trade for their left-hander, but they want to build a package around their hitting prospects. The Dodgers and Rangers, as well as a couple other clubs, have also talked to the Rays about Price, but no deal is close."

If true, I think this is a rare smart move by Jack Z. Price is terrific, but Walker may be a special pitcher, too. Perhaps Jack is thinking about more than this year.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• Dayton Moore was saying he wasn't going to deal Myers this time last year.

Posturing 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            From Rotoworld--

"CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mariners are refusing to part with Taijuan Walker in a trade for David Price.
            "Taijuan Walker will be on our club," a Mariners official told Heyman. The Mariners have been one of the clubs that have talked to the Rays about a trade for their left-hander, but they want to build a package around their hitting prospects. The Dodgers and Rangers, as well as a couple other clubs, have also talked to the Rays about Price, but no deal is close."

If true, I think this is a rare smart move by Jack Z. Price is terrific, but Walker may be a special pitcher, too. Perhaps Jack is thinking about more than this year.
            It'll come down to whether the M's can sign Price to a long term deal...any club will demand a window to negotiate, for that matter. There are no more KC's out there that need to make a statement deal to show that they're serious, IMO. If the M's get that window, and get a deal with Price, Walker will certainly be gone, and the M's will suddenly be a force in the west.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 1) I think Price wants to test free-agency.
              2) If #1 is wrong, I can only see him signing with a perenially contending team (not the M's)
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                1) I think Price wants to test free-agency.
                2) If #1 is wrong, I can only see him signing with a perenially contending team (not the M's)
                How many "perennial contenders" outside the Rays' division have what it would take to get Price from the Rays?

I don't think there's a great need to trade him anywhere right now. They can certainly wait until mid-season and perhaps get a bidding war started.

And getting back to the subject, the Mariners--I think they'd love to have Price, but I can understand not wanting to deal Walker to get him unless they can sign Price long-term as part of the deal. I also think they have more pressing needs than the rotation.

-- William James

Comment

• I think Jabari Blash might be my new minor-league crush now that Cingrani is in the majors.

jump to about 6:00 in the video.

"It wasn’t the longest home run of the day. That belonged to minor leaguer Jabari Blash who crushed a home run to left field off of Logan Bawcom that went over the left field fence marked 340, went over the safety net, which protects Lloyd McClendon’s car, some 40 feet beyond that and over the iron fence another 30 feet beyond that. Mariners clubhouse attendant Jeff Bopp said he heard the ball hit the pavement outside the stadium. It was a plus 425 foot homer."

He strikes out too much, but he has a decent walk rate and crazy power. Also his name is Jabari Blash which counts for a lot.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• If he actually smashed McClendon's car with a HR he would be mine

Comment

• The Mariners are on pace to finish with the lowest full-season team ERA in the American League in 40 years.....dayum.

Comment

• The Mariners and infielder Rickie Weeks have agreed upon a one-year, $2 million deal, according to Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM.
                        The deal is pending a physical. Weeks can earn additional $2 million through performance-based incentives on top of the $2 million base salary. The second baseman hit .274/.357/.452 with eight homers in 286 plate appearances with the Brewers last season, and is a nice addition to Seattle's bench (especially if he's willing to try some corner outfield). Weeks can still mash left-handed pitching.
                        Related: Mariners
                        Source: Jim Bowden on TwitterFeb 11 - 11:25 PM

Comment

• If the Mariners needed help against lefties, this was a great pickup. Rickie can't play RF, though, he'll be a turnstile - he doesn't have the arm for it. LF...maybe.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Mariner prospect Victor Sanchez was in a boating accident and is in critical condition. Let's hope for the best here.

Comment

• man, Jesus Montero really is in the best shape of his life

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                man, Jesus Montero really is in the best shape of his life

How will this translate into playing time?

Comment

Working...
                                X