No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, those last 2 wins were completely bananas. This team sure is fun! I hope they save something for the playoffs.

Comment

• I can't remember ever having so much fun watching a regular season baseball game on TV. It was just great stuff and when they went down 5-3 last night I never thought of turning it off, Raise it!

Comment

• I really hope that game winning hit (and overall great game) gives Polanco the boost he needs for a strong 2nd half.

Comment

• Marte leaves with potential hand injury...please no

Comment

• I don't root for injuries

I'm 2 pts back of 1st, and the leader this week has these transactions:
            reserve Freddie Freeman; activate Sean Rodriguez.
            reserve Jose Fernandez; reactivate Williams Perez.

he also owns Marte.

it's a jungle out there....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              I don't root for injuries

I'm 2 pts back of 1st, and the leader this week has these transactions:
              reserve Freddie Freeman; activate Sean Rodriguez.
              reserve Jose Fernandez; reactivate Williams Perez.

he also owns Marte.

it's a jungle out there....
              Williams Perez >> Jose Fernandez, right?

Wow, that is some serious bad luck.

Comment

• When is harrison returning? Anyone know?

16 ab, just 1 hit but just 1 k in aaa rehab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Williams Perez >> Jose Fernandez, right?

Wow, that is some serious bad luck.
                  I am crushing him in ERA/Ratio/K/IP but he has 3-4 more extra W pts. #nosympathy
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Gregory Polanco did something on Friday that hasn't been done in 91 years!

From Elias:
                    "Gregory Polanco didn't earn a win or a save for the Pirates in their 5-3 win over the Rockies, but he did just about everything else. Polanco knocked out three hits, scored two runs and drove in another, stole a base, and threw out two base runners including one on right-field-to-home-plate double play, then called it a night. You have to go back 91 years to find the last major-league outfielder who had a game in which he did all that (meaning, at least three hits, two runs, one RBI, one steal, two assists and participation in an outfielder-to-catcher double play). The last outfielder to do it was Bob Meusel; playing for the Yankees at Detroit on June 12, 1924, Meusel sparked a 10-4 victory with four hits, two runs scored, four RBIs, two steals, and two assists including a right-fielder-to-catcher double play."
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates say they won't call up AAA pitcher Tyler Glasnow. Not even as a reliever because according to GM Neal Huntington they don't believe in changing a pitcher's role. Glasnow over his four minor league seasons, has 492 strikeouts over 375.2 innings while only giving up 221 hits. The only negative is the 173 walks he has issued. It all works out to career minor league totals of a 1.91 era, 1.05 whip, and a .169 ba against. He is currently unscored upon in his last three AAA games. Knowing the Pirates, i fully expect Glasnow to "continue working on his control issues" in AAA next April/May.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In Tyler Glasnow's 78 career minor league starts, he has been unscored on in 37 of them. His AA numbers this year would have been even better if he had not been rushed back from a sprained ankle only to have the worst start of his career before being placed on the DL for a month. I've also heard that he has trouble holding base runners. So that may be another reason the Pirates give for keeping him down at AAA next year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pirates fans won't be seeing Tyler Glasnow in PNC Park anytime soon after tonight's start. He somehow managed to give up 5 bb & 1 h along with 1 k on just 35 pitches. Total damage was 6 runs after he recorded just 1 out in the first inning. See you next summer kid.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gerrit Cole will have his next start skipped to limit his innings in preparation for the playoff(s). If the rotation doesn't change, his next start should be September 17.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is definitely going to hurt the Pirates chances of advancing in the post-season:

Rotoworld
                              Jung Ho Kang was removed from Thursday's game against the Cubs with an apparent left knee injury.
                              Chris Coghlan went hard into Kang's leg on a doubleplay in the top of the first inning. Kang dropped immediately to the ground and then had to be helped off the field while putting very little weight on the left side of his body. This could be a season-ender. Jordy Mercer entered the game at shortstop.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like the Jung Ho Kang injury will carry over into 2016 as well:

Rotoworld
                                Jung Ho Kang is expected to be sidelined for the next 6-8 months after undergoing surgery on Thursday to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee and a fractured left tibia.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X