No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In addition to tying the modern record for most losses in a season today, ChiSox also set the record for most games under .500 at 84, breaking the mark set by the 1916 A's.

Comment

• White Sox claim RHP Ron Marinaccio off waivers from the Yankees.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The White Sox break the all-time record for most losses in a single season with loss number 121 tonight.

MLB Teams With The Most Losses In A Single Season

1. 2024 Chicago White Sox - 121
        ​2. 1962 New York Mets - 120
        3. 2003 Detroit Tigers - 119
        4. 1916 Philadelphia Athletics - 116
        5. 2018 Baltimore Orioles - 115
        5. 1935 Boston Braves - 115
        7. 2019 Detroit Tigers - 114
        8. 1904 Washington Senators - 113
        9. 2023 Oakland A's - 112
        9. 1965 New York Mets - 112
        9. 1952 Pittsburgh Pirates - 112​
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Management has stated they will not be spending money in the off season.

Rumor is they will be trading Robert and Crochet in the off season.

So they have a chance to beat their own record next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Management has stated they will not be spending money in the off season.

That's not good for baseball. And you can't even argue about them having a low payroll because they were ranked 18th in team payroll this year at $133 million. Approximately one third of that was paid to players no longer with the team and off the books in 2025. Moncada will certainly have his $25 million club option declined.

Next year, they should be under $70 million with Benintendi ($17.1 million), and Robert ($15 million) being their top 2 if they don't get traded. Benintendi is signed through 2027. Robert has club options that are likely declined in 2026 & 2027. And Crochet is in his first year of arbitration, so he will likely join their highest paid players if he doesn't get dealt.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Who on the Sox would you own shares of?

Garrett Crochet is the only no-brainer and Luis Robert, assuming he's healthy. Possibly Andrew Vaugh and Nicky Lopez as depth in deeper leagues and Bryan Ramos as a late-round prospect. Is that all?
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Management has stated they will not be spending money in the off season.
                I doubt it, especially if they get fair value for Crochet and Robert.

The Law of Competitive Balance says that no team is as bad as they appear when losing or as good as they appear when winning. The center tendency is significant at the extremes.

That said, I would be cutting and trading everyone over age 28. Some of them still have value and they are blocking prospects.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• ChiSox finish their historically miserable season by winning 5 of 6 and fall far short of setting the modern negative run differential record by having "only" a minus 306 differential.

IMHO there is absolutely no way they will have this bad a record next year. Like I said before, to have a record this bad you not only have to be really bad, which they were, you have to be really unlucky also. And altho I dont think they have a particularly strong farm system there is help on the way, particularly pitching-wise. Noah Schultz, Hagen Smith and Drew Thorpe are solid top prospects and Nick Nastrini and Jairo Iriarte should help out in some role. I dont know why they would trade someone like Crochet - he is exactly the type of player a rebuilding team should trade for, not trade away. The future for this team pitching-wise actually looks pretty good. The hitting - that's another story, particularly if they trade Robert.

Comment

• From Yahoo Sports:

Reinsdorf is both open to the idea and in active discussions with a potential buyer for the White Sox, according to The Athletic’s Brittany Ghiroli. It’s unclear how far those discussions — which are reportedly with a group led by former player, coach and executive Dave Stewart — have progressed.​

Jerry Reinsdorf has owned the CHiSox since 1981.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      From Yahoo Sports:

Reinsdorf is both open to the idea and in active discussions with a potential buyer for the White Sox, according to The Athletic’s Brittany Ghiroli. It’s unclear how far those discussions — which are reportedly with a group led by former player, coach and executive Dave Stewart — have progressed.​

Jerry Reinsdorf has owned the CHiSox since 1981.
                      Reinsdorf, 88, was the leader of a group that purchased the White Sox for a now-meager $20 million in 1981. He has long been known as the principal owner of the White Sox and controls about 19% of the ballclub, per Forbes.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X