2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    They were late in the game themselves. Stanford dropped "Indians" as their nickname so long ago (1972) that nobody remembers.
    Same for sports powerhouse Dartmouth College in 1974.

Comment

• Danny Salazar to begin the year on the DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Danny Salazar to begin the year on the DL.
        Which locks down Clevinger for the #4 SP slot. I think he'll pitch well enough to stay in the rotation, too.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Looks like Mike Napoli's career is over...nasty looking knee injury for him last night.

Comment

• Is it getting time to cut kipnis in a mixed 12 teamer with 7 people benches or just attribute it to the whole team not hitting

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Is it getting time to cut kipnis in a mixed 12 teamer with 7 people benches or just attribute it to the whole team not hitting
              IDK, he has some talent--enough that he should become decent eventually, but will the team stick with him long enough for that? His hot spring may have bought him some more time, but the dude has to start producing soon.

Comment

• There are still regular players out there hitting a buck and change, some even less. It's way too early to cut bait on a potential power/speed guy who can come back to haunt you.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Shane Bieber (AA): 20 IP, 10 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 23 K.

Career: 218.1 IP, 206 K, 12 BB.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    Shane Bieber (AA): 20 IP, 10 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 23 K.

Career: 218.1 IP, 206 K, 12 BB.
                    It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. He's not a big velo guy (about 91 MPH, from what I've read), but can legitimately command three pitches and has a decent fourth. And has a great GB:FB ratio.

He's not yet on the 40-man roster.

Comment

• Mike Napoli suffered a torn right ACL and meniscus at Triple-A Columbus that will require season-ending surgery.
                      Napoli is expected to need 10-14 months of rehab. Given that he will turn 37 in October, the injury has the potential to be a career-ender. Napoli was off to a 1-for-24 start at Columbus after signing a minor league contract with the Indians this spring.
                      (Source: Jordan Bastian on Twitter/Rotoworld)
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Indians sign OF Melky Cabrera to a minor league contract.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After starting the year terribly, Yonder Alonso is hitting .286 with 6 HR in his last 11 games.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I think the leash on Hamilton is about to choke him out. Twice this weekend he was pinch hit for in RBI situations and Sunday he rode the pine, despite the Reds being in an AL park. The fewer at bats and hitting in front of the pitcher have curbed his running. Oh and the fact he never gets on base. Heck, opposing pitchers dont even pitch around him to get to the pitcher.

Owners should be very afraid.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I think the leash on Hamilton is about to choke him out. Twice this weekend he was pinch hit for in RBI situations and Sunday he rode the pine, despite the Reds being in an AL park. The fewer at bats and hitting in front of the pitcher have curbed his running. Oh and the fact he never gets on base. Heck, opposing pitchers dont even pitch around him to get to the pitcher.

Owners should be very afraid.
                              Who is Hamilton

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Who is Hamilton
                                He's on the other Ohio baseball team, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X