No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindor coming out of his early season slump in a big way lately, especially the last couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Lindor coming out of his early season slump in a big way lately, especially the last couple of days.
      My pick for A.L. MVP in 2018

Comment

• Shane Bieber had his best start of the year, 8 scoreless with three hits, no walks, and eight strikeouts. He has a 1.23 ERA across AA and AAA this year, and for his career he has 237 strikeouts and 17 walks in 255.2 IP (54:3 this year).
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Shane Bieber had his best start of the year, 8 scoreless with three hits, no walks, and eight strikeouts. He has a 1.23 ERA across AA and AAA this year, and for his career he has 237 strikeouts and 17 walks in 255.2 IP (54:3 this year).
          Shane Bieber had his new best start of the year, 7 scoreless with no hits, no walks, and eight strikeouts. The game was called after seven but Bieber probably would have stayed in as he had only thrown 80 pitches. Only an error kept the perfect game away from him. 1.05 ERA for the year, 62 K:3 BB.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Shane Bieber had his new best start of the year, 7 scoreless with no hits, no walks, and eight strikeouts. The game was called after seven but Bieber probably would have stayed in as he had only thrown 80 pitches. Only an error kept the perfect game away from him. 1.05 ERA for the year, 62 K:3 BB.
            viva la bieber ! oh wait, I thought this was about Justin
            --------------------------------------
            You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

And he is rumored to start this Thursday. What more does anyone know about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                He is your classic case of a dominant stat line with mediocre scouting reports. Just the sort of guy I tend to fall for. His control is absurdly good, so he should be at least solid in the majors. His stuff and scouting don't match his results, so at the highest level, he is likely just a 4/5 starter. But unlike the Padres, who have had some similar pitchers fizzle out in recent years, I trust Cleveland in getting the most out of their arms, so I'm a Belieber in Shane as a guy who can have some value in deep mixed leagues. And I can't help but dream of even more given his amazing control and all the reports of his work ethic and approach. As I said, he is just the sort of guy I can't help fall for.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-29-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Low 90s fastball, four pitches, great makeup, also consistently had low HR/9 rates through the minors. Better K rate than you'd typically expect for someone with his stuff.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Anyone know why kluber only went 6 innings today? Typically, he is allowed to work deep I to games, and go well over 100 pitches. He was at 90 after 6 and going strong. I thought he was going to pitch the 7th.

Comment

• I assume just because it was a blowout and they wanted to get his rest where they could.

Comment

I assume just because it was a blowout and they wanted to get his rest where they could.
                        Darn the team for making perfectly logical decisions. The world needs more Klubot!

Comment

• The Melk Man will no longer deliver in Cleveland, as the Indians cut Cabrera today.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            The Melk Man will no longer deliver in Cleveland, as the Indians cut Cabrera today.
                            Melky elected free agency over triple A

Comment

• Danny Salazar ruled out for the season.

Comment

• man, what is Josh Tomlin still doing in the majors? I watched the 11th against Oakland today and everything he gave up was a home run or a line drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X