No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty amazing, it's possible that Cleveland could end up with a better record than the Dodgers!!!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I have enjoyed the ride. I have had Kluber on my team since his break out season--absolutely love the guy. I had Lindor since he was drafted too. Both players are such a joy to root for.

I had a hunch about Lindor having "it," deciding to hold him while trading much more highly coveted roto assets like Addison Russell and Baez. I'm happy for him that he has transcended offensive expectations for him, becoming one of the game's truly elite in the process. Although, I have to admit, the fact that he has 30 homers right now is more evidence the ball is juiced.

As far as Kluber, I don't know if I've ever had a pitcher I trusted more, including when I've had the good fortune of having Kershaw. Kluber is just such a rock.

Comment

• 19 in a row!

Comment

• Notice that only three of the streaks are post WW II. Several are dead ball era.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            They are doing it with a different line up every day - No Kipnis - no Brantly during any of the streak.
            JRam and Bruce have sat out at least 3 games in a row.
            The team is hitting over 300 during the streak
            Starting Pitching - has been on fire,
            Lindor - EE - Carlos - have been on some Power surge
            JRam when in - was Player of the week - Kluber Pitcher of the Month
            And there 2 Catchers combine have great stats out of that hole.
            I said when out in Spring training I like their depth.
            I forgot no Andrew Miller either - who was the MVP of the AL playoffs last year.

Here is hoping I get to go to Parade # 2 !!!!
            Last edited by hacko; 09-12-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• 20 consecutive wins!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kluber continues his dominance. A couple of months ago I think anyone who tried to make a case for any non-Sale pitcher for Cy Young would have been mocked. Now I think it is pretty clear that Kluber should get it. Sale has had an amazing year, but Kluber has outpitched him, especially down the stretch. Kluber missed some time this year, and maybe that hurts him with some voters, but if I were casting a vote right now, Kluber would edge out Sale. No slight to Sale, but I really hope Kluber gets it. He deserves the recognition. He is an under-appreciated super elite stud.

Oh, and Lindor should be in the MVP discussion too. I think he is behind Altuve and maybe a couple of other guys, but he deserves a top 5 finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Kluber continues his dominance. A couple of months ago I think anyone who tried to make a case for any non-Sale pitcher for Cy Young would have been mocked. Now I think it is pretty clear that Kluber should get it. Sale has had an amazing year, but Kluber has outpitched him, especially down the stretch. Kluber missed some time this year, and maybe that hurts him with some voters, but if I were casting a vote right now, Kluber would edge out Sale. No slight to Sale, but I really hope Kluber gets it. He deserves the recognition. He is an under-appreciated super elite stud.

Oh, and Lindor for MVP isn't a stretch either.
                  I'm convinced that in 2018 redraft leagues, the top 4 should be Kershaw, Scherzer, Kluber & Sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I'm convinced that in 2018 redraft leagues, the top 4 should be Kershaw, Scherzer, Kluber & Sale.
                    That would never happen, but if you could guarantee me that all four arms pitch 200 IPs, I am right there with you. No hitter is currently as dominant as these four pitchers when they are fully healthy. But there is always that increased risk of injury with arms.

Comment

• Plus Kershaw cant stay healthy for a full season. So is the risk of Kershaw missing a month any deterrent?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 21 Consecutive Wins!
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In over 140 years of Major League Baseball only the 1916 New York Giants with 26 have ever had more consecutive wins. And it may not be over yet. This is amazing!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Kluber continues his dominance. A couple of months ago I think anyone who tried to make a case for any non-Sale pitcher for Cy Young would have been mocked. Now I think it is pretty clear that Kluber should get it. Sale has had an amazing year, but Kluber has outpitched him, especially down the stretch. Kluber missed some time this year, and maybe that hurts him with some voters, but if I were casting a vote right now, Kluber would edge out Sale. No slight to Sale, but I really hope Kluber gets it. He deserves the recognition. He is an under-appreciated super elite stud.

Oh, and Lindor should be in the MVP discussion too. I think he is behind Altuve and maybe a couple of other guys, but he deserves a top 5 finish.
                            Actually most Indian reporters, fans... Pick JRam as League MVP - He leads all ML in xtra base hits by a mile - plus moves easily from 2nd to third to let Tito move several other players in and out as he see's fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              In over 140 years of Major League Baseball only the 1916 New York Giants with 26 have ever had more consecutive wins. And it may not be over yet. This is amazing!

Great ride - hopefully will ride this Big Mo all the way through the Playoffs!!!!! If the Starting Pitching stays Healthy and they get a healthy Andrew Miller back they will be hard to beat .

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                There's a guy named Mike Trout who might disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X