Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    This from Rotoworld:

The official title will be president of baseball operations. Meanwhile, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti will remain with the organization as a senior advisor
    Heyman reports that Friedman will bring in his own GM, so the Ned Colletti era is officially over.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505

The Dodgers need to trade an outfielder, that's for sure. The two that I'd most like to see them trade are Ethier and Crawford, in that order. Both are pretty much untradeable at their current salaries and have little value even if LA ate a bunch of salary. Perhaps a smaller trade like Ethier + a ton of cash for Strop (or another reliever).
      The Dodgers do need to trade an outfielder. And you are correct that Ethier and Crawford have little value. I think that may be why the Puig rumor has come up.

The Cubs are rich in young talent and Theo has stated that he is open to trading some excess. I do not believe that Bryant or Baez would be considered in the excess pool. I really don't think either club be willing to do what it takes to get each other's players. The Dodgers can't give Puig without getting a boatload and the Cubs can't give two of the big names to make that deal.

It has been stated that the Cubs would like some veteran presence for clubhouse leadership. I expect them to get a middle of the road stand up guy from the free agency market. There has been some talk of Russell Martin (not middle of the road) but I don't think they will shell out the bucks for him.

Comment

• Greinke would give the Cubs a much-needed SP as well as save the Dodgers some bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Greinke would give the Cubs a much-needed SP as well as save the Dodgers some bucks.
          Why would the Dodgers trade Grienke though?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Why would the Dodgers trade Grienke though?
            I assume to shed salary and pick up some young talent.

I would hope that the Cubs do not shed young talent for pitching. Go out and buy two of the studs that are out there in FA.

Comment

• I don't follow the Dodgers closely; I just had read this about a suggestion that they may be cutting payroll: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an...odgers-impact/ Since the author, Jonah Keri, wrote a book about the Rays, I figured he might have Friedman as a source for the article.

Also - http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...10-column.html - "The Dodgers payroll is expected to drop into the $185-190-million range next season to offset expected financial losses from the unworkable television contract with Time Warner Cable"

Comment

I don't follow the Dodgers closely; I just had read this about a suggestion that they may be cutting payroll: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an...odgers-impact/ Since the author, Jonah Keri, wrote a book about the Rays, I figured he might have Friedman as a source for the article.

Also - http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...10-column.html - "The Dodgers payroll is expected to drop into the $185-190-million range next season to offset expected financial losses from the unworkable television contract with Time Warner Cable"
                What's unworkable about the Time Warner deal? Did they decide they weren't actually going to pay 7 billion dollars or whatever it was for the Dodgers' TV rights? I hadn't heard that.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  What's unworkable about the Time Warner deal? Did they decide they weren't actually going to pay 7 billion dollars or whatever it was for the Dodgers' TV rights? I hadn't heard that.
                  maybe there was an "advance in the playoffs" clause?
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I don't follow the Dodgers closely; I just had read this about a suggestion that they may be cutting payroll: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an...odgers-impact/ Since the author, Jonah Keri, wrote a book about the Rays, I figured he might have Friedman as a source for the article.

Yep, I read that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      The latter article is demonstrably stupid and false. The Dodgers already have something close to $200 million committed to current players and that's without even considering the full roster.

They have $166M committed to 13 players. Now that Wilson has taken his end of the player option, that number is $176. That's for 14 players. Haren will bump that number up to $186. That's for 15 players. I don't even think the Dodgers could get under $200 million if they wanted to (and have seen no reputable source that indicates that they do).

Plaschke is a moron, by the way.
                      \

And now I have read this one. This is just one of the many reasons I like this site.

This makes a whole bunch of sense. Thanks.

Comment

• Farhan Zaidi rumored to be the next GM of the Dodgers. Wow. I remember meeting Farhan back in 2008 at the first PITCHf/x summit. A lot has happened since then.

The official website of the Los Angeles Dodgers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Good profile on Farhan from earlier this year, in case you haven't seen it:
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• It doesn't seem like the Dodgers are even considering Dee Gordon for the SS opening. Is his defense that poor? So if he were to stay at 2B, does that mean they already think Alex Guerrero is a lost cause due to his defense?

Comment

• Gordon was real bad at SS, yes. And I don't know what they do with Guerrero....
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• any chance they trade Gordon? he was a Rotisserie stud last year with 64 SB, but not a great baseball player.

and please don't tell me he could wind up in the AL
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X