2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    One of the rare occasions where I feel inclined to praise Mattingly. Kershaw was flipping out and was going to get thrown out for sure. Donnie, in true Secret Service fashion, yelled out "Mr. President........" as he dove in front of the bullet meant for Kershaw.
    Mat tingly isn't the best in game manager, but he does know how to protect his players.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Teixiera laughs at the puny Pederson HR/single (or XBA) ratio
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Pederson's last 7 hits have been HRs.
        Please check your pms.

Comment

• Is Rollins a buy low candidate - or just a stay the heck away candidate

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            Is Rollins a buy low candidate - or just a stay the heck away candidate
            Swinging strike rate is way up. BABIP is awful at .173 - was .269 last year. He's pulling more but his soft/medium/hard is not that different. I think maybe I'd buy last year's numbers (.243-17-28sb) with a few less steals.

Comment

• Is Puig still in the league?

Comment

• Seriously, wtf is wrong with Kershaw?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                  Seriously, wtf is wrong with Kershaw?!?!
                  I second this. I guess the "take a pitcher in the 1st round " experiment is over.

Comment

• And with Kershaw not getting his normal dominating performances, Ryu out for a long time, McCarthy done, Janssen still out, Puig still out, Crawford out and never knowing who is going to play 3B on a daily basis....yet still in first place.

Imagine if things come together
                    Last edited by fuhrdog; 05-10-2015, 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot about McCarthy

Comment

Nothing at all. The amount of bad luck he's receiving is just stupid. He has yet to give up one hard hit ball. One of the RBI singles literally hit the bat, struck the plate and rolled into CF somehow. It's infuriating - constant infield singles, bloops, etc. The guy deserves way better.

Edit: His BABIP is now 100 points higher than his career average. I was amusing myself watching Twitter overreactions to these bloops and bleeders and infield singles. Now I get to watch the same overreactions here. Lol, noobs. :P

Edit II: His FIP for today is 1.94 and his FIP on the year is 2.08
                      My league doesn't use FIP

Comment

Does it use ERA? Because if that's the case, you'd better trade Kershaw for Tim Lincecum or Mike Pelfrey right away. Or you could look at the underlying stats to better determine future performance. Your call, though.

Edit: As if on cue, yet another infield single against Kershaw. So much bad contact resulting in so many hits.....
                        Lol...does FIP always accurately predict future results?

Comment

Yes. Yes, it does always predict future results, down to the individual pitch.

Edit: I feel like you don't even understand what FIP is, so I'll help out. It's an acronym for "fielding independent pitching" and measures what a player’s ERA would look like over a given period of time if the pitcher were to have experienced league average results on balls in play and league average timing. So the reason Kershaw has such a great FIP and such a poor, kinda, ERA is that he has experienced much worse luck than the rest of the league on balls in play. Hope that helps clear some things up for you.
                          xFip is better.........
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes. Yes, it does always predict future results, down to the individual pitch.

Edit: I feel like you don't even understand what FIP is, so I'll help out. It's an acronym for "fielding independent pitching" and measures what a player’s ERA would look like over a given period of time if the pitcher were to have experienced league average results on balls in play and league average timing. So the reason Kershaw has such a great FIP and such a poor, kinda, ERA is that he has experienced much worse luck than the rest of the league on balls in play. Hope that helps clear some things up for you.
                            Thanks. But it's little consolation right now as Kershaw is killing his fantasy teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                              I guess the "take a pitcher in the 1st round " experiment is over.
                              For the sake of all the teams picking sixth who want a top five hitter, i hope not.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Well, they did say they would ease him back in so Yimi might get another save chance or two. Either way, he should be back in there soon enough and this pen will be sick:

closer - Jansen
                                8th - Yimi
                                7th - Baez
                                MR - Paco/Hatcher/Howell/Nicasio with Liberatore, Coulombe, Santos, and Peralta in the mix as well

With Santos and Nicasio out of options it'll be interesting how they fit everyone in.

Comment

Working...
                                X