2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    How sad is it that as a commish I had to write a clause into our Constitution that if a player is accused of rape or murder and suspended that you can drop him from a long-term contract with no penalty. I had to write that in for the Felipe Vazquez owner who was so disgusted by the allegations that he refused to have him on his team, convicted or not (that owner was me).

Guess who has Bauer under contract as well? I sure can pick 'em.
    So you wrote a clause into the Constitution to help yourself out? Someone in my league had Vazquez in a contract and he paid the $3 penalty to buy him out of the one year left. There was never any talk of changing the rule for that.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      So you wrote a clause into the Constitution to help yourself out? Someone in my league had Vazquez in a contract and he paid the $3 penalty to buy him out of the one year left. There was never any talk of changing the rule for that.
      I did. Nobody argued that I had to pay to get a child rapist off my team.

Comment

How sad is it that as a commish I had to write a clause into our Constitution that if a player is accused of rape or murder and suspended that you can drop him from a long-term contract with no penalty. I had to write that in for the Felipe Vazquez owner who was so disgusted by the allegations that he refused to have him on his team, convicted or not (that owner was me).

To be fair to pitbull and others who are suspicious, Andrew Friedman, now with the Dodgers but formerly GM of the Devil Rays, had no problem rostering a rapist in reliever Josh Lueke back ten or so years ago.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I did. Nobody argued that I had to pay to get a child rapist off my team.
          And this past week with Bauers who was waived the previous week and faab for by two teams. But hey it just fantasy.

Comment

This seems like a logical clause to have. If you have any insight on which players are going to be charged with murder or sexual assault going forward, please share. Otherwise, the probability that this benefits owners equally over time is uniform.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              This seems like a logical clause to have. If you have any insight on which players are going to be charged with murder or sexual assault going forward, please share. Otherwise, the probability that this benefits owners equally over time is uniform.
              Joe Kelly may end up murdering Carlos Correa. Just a heads up. There are probably quite a few Astros on the hit list.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

For our nfbc team I argued against picking Bauer because he was a complete oddball and unpredictable (and I guessed that mlb would crackdown on substances).

Guess what nfbc team has him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  For our nfbc team I argued against picking Bauer because he was a complete oddball and unpredictable (and I guessed that mlb would crackdown on substances).

If it's not your team, this is a lame story...

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    If it's not your team, this is a lame story...
                    It's 1/5 of my team I guess.
                    I was replying to Pauly jokingly giving him a hard time because he's one of the ones who outvoted me.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Where do you draw the line? What is worthy of not having to buy out a contract and what is? What if you don't have all the information and it's March and roster protections are due? We don't know what Bauer's outcome is going to be, obviously it looks very very bad for him, but if this were March what is the ruling on his contract? MLB is still investigating.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

I would dispute this a bit. You argued against him based on his oddball nature for sure, but I think you hinged most of it on that MLB was cracking down on substances and you didnt think Bauer had the talent without it.

Comment

Where do you draw the line? What is worthy of not having to buy out a contract and what is? What if you don't have all the information and it's March and roster protections are due? We don't know what Bauer's outcome is going to be, obviously it looks very very bad for him, but if this were March what is the ruling on his contract? MLB is still investigating.
                          I haven't worked through all the particulars but as a first draft, if there is a suspension, you can buy out or hold and assume the risk. I'd be willing to extend it to PEDs, too. The point here is to acquire players on value, not to be screwed because they made bad life choices.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I would say he is accused of rape and if his fantasy owner feels so inclined to drop him without penalty, then he should be allowed to simply on moral grounds. It is still fantasy baseball and this is an isolated circumstance - not like players get accused of this on a weekly basis. Even if he gets picked up by someone else, he wouldnt be eligible for an extension until later on.

This isnt a comment on you, but why do fantasy players in general feel the need to be so punitive in their rules enforcement? This may not be true, but it seems that way.

Comment

I would say he is accused of rape and if his fantasy owner feels so inclined to drop him without penalty, then he should be allowed to simply on moral grounds. It is still fantasy baseball and this is an isolated circumstance - not like players get accused of this on a weekly basis. Even if he gets picked up by someone else, he wouldnt be eligible for an extension until later on.

This isnt a comment on you, but why do fantasy players in general feel the need to be so punitive in their rules enforcement? This may not be true, but it seems that way.
                              Agreed with this 100%.

Comment

I would dispute this a bit. You argued against him based on his oddball nature for sure, but I think you hinged most of it on that MLB was cracking down on substances and you didnt think Bauer had the talent without it.
                                My comments on him were:

"Bauer in the 1st is a mistake IMO"
                                "I wonder how high the anti substance risk is for Bauer and Cole"
                                "with how brazen Bauer has been there's some risk. not sure how to quantify it"
                                "Bauer has been terrrrrible in several seasons He was good in the season he said he was going to cheat (or bend the rules if you prefer)"
                                "Bauer is someone we will always disagree on since so much rides on his decision to cheat and if that continues"
                                "who the heck knows what Bauer is going to do next he goes by the beat of his own drum"

That last one was a general statement. But I eventually gave in and went with the group.

I was really just giving you a hard time today for your Bauer fandom though

Comment

Working...
                                X