2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    As I understand it, no charges have been filed in either case, just TROs. Not that it excuses any of this behavior, I'm just not sure there can be any Legal/Contract consequence for Bauer unless this becomes an actual criminal case.

I'm just very surprised the Dodgers would sign him knowing (and if they didn't know--which is highly doubtful--they should have) about this previous charge in Ohio and their decision to wait for MLB to take action rather than getting on top of it out of the gate.
    The judge whoever that is accepted the TRO against Bauer because he was convinced that something serious could happen. I assume at some point there will be charges file and this becomes a criminal case. So if that happens can the Dodgers have the contract void? What a messy situation for the Dodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      The judge whoever that is accepted the TRO against Bauer because he was convinced that something serious could happen. I assume at some point there will be charges file and this becomes a criminal case. So if that happens can the Dodgers have the contract void? What a messy situation for the Dodgers.
      You could be right about the severity, but TROs are granted almost as a matter of course unless the restrained party can show immediate and irreparable damage will be done by granting the TRO.

That said, yes, criminal charges could very well be coming on either of these situations. I haven’t seen Bauer’s co tract and can’t remember the standard language but I’d be shocked if they had to pay him while he was in prison or something similar.

Also, I believe the records involving the previous situation were sealed.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Julio Urias to the 10 day IL after getting drilled in the calf by a batted ball yesterday.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Julio Urias to the 10 day IL after getting drilled in the calf by a batted ball yesterday.
          He shouldn't be out long. Of the 5 starters that started the season only Buehler has remained unscathed. For most teams that would spelled the end of making the post-season. Hope I didn't jinx Buehler.

Comment

• Cole Hamels, in keeping with 2021 Dodger tradition, is headed to the 60 day DL and his season is over before it began.

Comment

Cole Hamels, in keeping with 2021 Dodger tradition, is headed to the 60 day DL and his season is over before it began.
              Reminds me a of a mixed-league fantasy team I had a few years back. Seemed every pitcher I picked up went out for an extended period of time.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Dodgers pitchers on the DL:

Kershaw
                Urias
                Bauer - leave
                May
                Gonsolin
                Duffy
                Hamels

Comment

• ...and that's just the starters!

Comment

• Man, the more you read about Bauer's transgressions the more f'd up it gets. Even if he were somehow to avoid punishment on this, which I doubt, I am uncertain about his future. I guess the skeptic in me thinks he'll get signed no matter what crazy news comes out about his sexual violence but the hopeful side of me hopes the dude is gone forever.

Comment

Man, the more you read about Bauer's transgressions the more f'd up it gets. Even if he were somehow to avoid punishment on this, which I doubt, I am uncertain about his future. I guess the skeptic in me thinks he'll get signed no matter what crazy news comes out about his sexual violence but the hopeful side of me hopes the dude is gone forever.
                      Agree completely.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Man, the more you read about Bauer's transgressions the more f'd up it gets. Even if he were somehow to avoid punishment on this, which I doubt, I am uncertain about his future. I guess the skeptic in me thinks he'll get signed no matter what crazy news comes out about his sexual violence but the hopeful side of me hopes the dude is gone forever.
                        What hard to believe is that the Dodgers signed him to a 102 mil contract with no knowledge of Bauer's past or foolishly thinking it will not be an issue while under contract. You are right because he may end up walking away but I hope justice prevails.

Comment

What hard to believe is that the Dodgers signed him to a 102 mil contract with no knowledge of Bauer's past or foolishly thinking it will not be an issue while under contract. You are right because he may end up walking away but I hope justice prevails.
                          I'm not sure how they would have known about his past, other than his very red flag-esque Twitter posts (which, admittedly, were plenty for me to not want to sign the guy in the first place).

Comment

I'm not sure how they would have known about his past, other than his very red flag-esque Twitter posts (which, admittedly, were plenty for me to not want to sign the guy in the first place).
                            His comments on social media, similar allegations in 2017 and 2020 are all red flags. The Dodgers simply did what many pro sports organizations have done in the past valued the talent over character. It all about money and winning. Everything else pales in comparison.

Comment

His comments on social media, similar allegations in 2017 and 2020 are all red flags. The Dodgers simply did what many pro sports organizations have done in the past valued the talent over character. It all about money and winning. Everything else pales in comparison.
                              Eh, I'm not sure any of what you're saying here is really true or supports your contentions. While his Twitter was concerning to me, as it was obvious that he was a right wing chauvinist, it certainly didn't suggest that he was a violent predator or that he was hurting women. The 2017 allegations were under seal, which we already discussed. The 2020 allegations had not yet happened when he was signed in February.

Comment

• How sad is it that as a commish I had to write a clause into our Constitution that if a player is accused of rape or murder and suspended that you can drop him from a long-term contract with no penalty. I had to write that in for the Felipe Vazquez owner who was so disgusted by the allegations that he refused to have him on his team, convicted or not (that owner was me).

Guess who has Bauer under contract as well? I sure can pick 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X