No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seager leaves game in 3rd inning....something about his hamstring....please don't be serious...please

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      Seager leaves game in 3rd inning....something about his hamstring....please don't be serious...please
      Updated, Right hamstring cramp...taken out for precautionary reasons.

Comment

• 29-4 in their last 33 games!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          29-4 in their last 33 games!
          43-7 in their last 50 games! Best 50 game stretch since the 1912 NY Giants!

Comment

• The Dodgers have been unreal. Credit where it's due. They are doing it on a shoestring budget.

Just noticed this emoticon btw...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              43-7 in their last 50 games! Best 50 game stretch since the 1912 NY Giants!
              Wow... .860 win percentage.

Comment

• Wow... look what you can do when you can explode your payroll to double that of your nearest division competition.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  Wow... look what you can do when you can explode your payroll to double that of your nearest division competition.

It'll make it all that much sweeter when they fall short and don't reach the WS again. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    It'll make it all that much sweeter when they fall short and don't reach the WS again. :-)
                    That'd be a shame. They should pick up Scherzer and Greinke to upgrade their long relief. And maybe Lance Lynn and Aaron Nola to throw some quality batting practice.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

That'd be a shame. They should pick up Scherzer and Greinke to upgrade their long relief. And maybe Lance Lynn and Aaron Nola to throw some quality batting practice.
                      Don't forget Stanton to pinch hit off the bench.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Wow... look what you can do when you can explode your payroll to double that of your nearest division competition.
                        What's interesting is that the majority of their big contracts aren't actually contributing. The top 4 contracts and 5 of the top 7 are not on the active roster (Kershaw, AGon, Kazmir, Ethier, McCarthy).

The team on the field now is an average priced team - by my calculations the 25 man roster comes to $93.59mm, and 11mm of that has had just 1 start (Darvish)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          What's interesting is that the majority of their big contracts aren't actually contributing. The top 4 contracts and 5 of the top 7 are not on the active roster (Kershaw, AGon, Kazmir, Ethier, McCarthy).

The team on the field now is an average priced team - by my calculations the 25 man roster comes to $82.59mm
                          So they have more payroll on the bench and on the DL than they entire payrolls of their two nearest division competitors, yet can still throw money at Yu Darvish with a 15-game lead in the standings because... hey, why not? Payroll mismanagement of that magnitude would bury most teams.

It's fine, it is what it is. I just find it funny that some fans are bedazzled by their success. Of course such a preposterous resource advantage will translate to a lot of wins. Duh.

Comment

So they have more payroll on the bench and on the DL than they entire payroll of their two nearest division competitors, yet can still throw money at Yu Darvish with a 15-game lead in the standings because... hey, why not? Payroll mismanagement of that magnitude would bury most teams.

It's fine, I just find it funny when fans are bedazzled by their success. Of course such a preposterous resource advantage will translate to a lot of wins. Duh.
                            I think it's a mix. Yes, they were able to take some risks other teams could not due to the seemingly unlimited payroll.

But adding a couple months of Yu Darvish isn't a payroll thing. Any contending team could take on that contract for 2 months. It is not prohibitive.

And the team on the field is actually quite good and also quite cheap. Justin Turner is the highest paid player. Bellinger and Taylor and Wood and Seager, etc etc are cheap controllable GOOD players. That is what should be scary to other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              But adding a couple months of Yu Darvish isn't a payroll thing. Any contending team could take on that contract for 2 months. It is not prohibitive.
                              If the Colorado Rockies had already had $80+ million committed to seven existing starting pitchers... wait a minute, please, while I double over with laughter at that set-up.

OK, I'm recovered now, I can continue.

If the Colorado Rockies had already had $80+ million committed to seven existing starting pitchers, adding anything would be prohibitive. Of course, in that scenario, they wouldn't be looking to add anything, because such inefficient roster-building would bury them in the standings - they couldn't afford to put a major league offense and bullpen on the field if they had seven existing starting pitchers making $80+ million.

The Dodgers team on the field is playing lights out; kudos to them for that. I'm simply not awestricken at the "achievement" of assembling those players.

Comment

If the Colorado Rockies had already had $80+ million committed to seven existing starting pitchers... wait a minute, please, while I double over with laughter at that set-up.

OK, I'm recovered now, I can continue.

If the Colorado Rockies had already had $80+ million committed to seven existing starting pitchers, adding anything would be prohibitive. Of course, in that scenario, they wouldn't be looking to add anything, because such inefficient roster-building would bury them in the standings - they couldn't afford to put a major league offense and bullpen on the field if they had seven existing starting pitchers making $80+ million.

The Dodgers team on the field is playing lights out; kudos to them for that. I'm simply not awestricken at the "achievement" of assembling those players.
                                I think you are making an argument that did not exist.

Yu Darvish for 2 months costs less than $4 million of payroll. He has always had a very team friendly contract. I'm not aware of any team that is actually going for it this year that would not want to add an ace for $4 million.

Of note, the Rockies are paying Pat Neshak ~$2 million for 1/3 of a season as a reliever. They had a $128 million opening day payroll. To suggest that they wouldn't give Darvish ~4 million seems... silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X