2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    For whom the bell tolls? For Andrew Toles, who tore his ACL and is probably done for the season.
    The probably means Bellinger is here to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      The probably means Bellinger is here to stay.
      That's a big affirmative. Once AGon and Forsythe come back it'll be a pretty steady line-up, until then it'll be a mixture of Bellinger/Utley/Hernandez/Van Slyke in the 1B/LF spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
        I don't know his metrics however, I was talking with orel (yes the former dodger ace) and I asked him why LA got such a good deal on Maeda and he told me that his medicals were a disaster. That he's held together with spit and twine.

So yeah, there are a host of hidden injury problems.
        3 ER in 12 IP in 2 starts, then 8 scoreless and tries for the shutout, gets an out and a 2-run HR and a W
        now 10-day DL

honk if you think he is hurt and the Dodgers aren't shrewd
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The Dodgers are probably going to be the most egregious abusers of the 10-day DL rule - McCarthy could've pitched on Monday but why not give him a little rest? Ryu seemingly wasn't hurt before he came back yesterday but he's probably on an innings limit anyway. Maeda is probably fine as well but he could also use the rest and McCarthy is ready to come back soon.

Bottom line - if you own a Dodger pitcher not named Kershaw you should probably bank on 25 starts instead of 30.

Comment

• And these guys are all walking hospital patients anyway, so it's not like MLB is going to question them.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              The Dodgers are probably going to be the most egregious abusers of the 10-day DL rule - McCarthy could've pitched on Monday but why not give him a little rest? Ryu seemingly wasn't hurt before he came back yesterday but he's probably on an innings limit anyway. Maeda is probably fine as well but he could also use the rest and McCarthy is ready to come back soon.

Bottom line - if you own a Dodger pitcher not named Kershaw you should probably bank on 25 starts instead of 30.
              This is a great point, and probably deserves its own thread, but in this day and age of the 10-day DL, should we start scaling back projections by 10%-15% on most players? I think most, if not all, fantasy players miscalculated the increased usage of the 10-day DL.

We just had a conversation on this in a 15-team I league I joined this year that only has a 5-man bench and no DL, and it's wreaked havoc on most teams.

Comment

This is a great point, and probably deserves its own thread, but in this day and age of the 10-day DL, should we start scaling back projections by 10%-15% on most players? I think most, if not all, fantasy players miscalculated the increased usage of the 10-day DL.

We just had a conversation on this in a 15-team I league I joined this year that only has a 5-man bench and no DL, and it's wreaked havoc on most teams.
                I may be totally off here, but doesn't insurance pay when players are on the DL? If that's the case - and again I may be wrong - but teams would have more incentive to throw guys on a quick 10 day DL if there's even a slight question as to whether they need to be DL'ed.

Here's a 2015 article on insurance: http://www.fangraphs.com/community/i...-a-black-hole/

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                  I may be totally off here, but doesn't insurance pay when players are on the DL? If that's the case - and again I may be wrong - but teams would have more incentive to throw guys on a quick 10 day DL if there's even a slight question as to whether they need to be DL'ed.

Here's a 2015 article on insurance: http://www.fangraphs.com/community/i...-a-black-hole/
                  Well, not sure who wrote this article but it seems well-informed, and this was a paragraph from it:

"To account for this insurers enforce a 60 to 90 day deductible policy in order to shield themselves from these sort of losses as well as claims made for short-term injuries. In addition to the 90 day deductible insurance policies are typically term policies of about three years with an option for renewal after the conclusion of the contract. As a result, if a contract proves to incur severe losses the liabilities will be only in the short term. Obviously to further protect themselves insurers only cover players with no preexisting injuries and all players must be inspected by the insurer. Furthermore, with wide variability and unpredictability in player health an insurer can in a way readjust its rate every three years to better reflect the player’s risk of not playing."

According to this it seems each individual contract that has an insurance policy on it still has a 60-to-90 day elimination period, so a 10-day DL stint would not qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    I own Kershaw and two Dodgers pitchers not named Kershaw (Maeda, Wood). I'm finding this to be an advantage, granting it might cost me an extra 10 bucks or so this year. We have no bench, but you can reserve a DL'd guy AND "early activate" a guy who is about to be reactivated just after the weekly deadline. So I can play "future closer" for a week, then cut bait on anyone I want to bring Maeda back. Me likey, and Wood will no doubt do the same soon enough.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that next season, MLB and the players association agree to tighten the standards by which a player can be put on the DL. It's being so openly abused that it's becoming a joke.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that next season, MLB and the players association agree to tighten the standards by which a player can be put on the DL. It's being so openly abused that it's becoming a joke.
                        I'm sure the MLBPA is loving this, what with new players coming up and getting higher pay and benefits and all that, and I'm equally sure they both knew this would happen.

Comment

• Urias to have shoulder surgery..........
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Urias to have shoulder surgery..........
                            And this is why we can't have nice things...

Same surgery that Johan Santana had that he could never recover from. Not saying it's going to be the same outcome, but it is MAJOR surgery.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Urias to have shoulder surgery..........
                              So, i guess that pitch limit thingy didn't work?
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                So, i guess that pitch limit thingy didn't work?
                                Funny you should mention that...just read this tweet.

Andy McCullough‏Verified account @McCulloughTimes 50m50 minutes ago

Friedman on Urias: "All of us feel pretty confident if we didn't protect him at all, it could've happened sooner, in a more significant way"
                                Bullshit...you didn't do anything to protect him. He throws a baseball for a living, a very unnatural act. The human body doesn't like it, and in most people, damage occurs. But you pat yourself on the back Andrew Friedman...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X