2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    Hill came back pretty quick from his blister problem... and had to leave the game today in the 4th because it wasn't really healed. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a real DL stint next.
    Did anyone think that Rich Hill was over his blister issues?
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      Nope. He went for a mind-numbing $30 in our local 5x5 NL-only league (the owner is in last place; he's projected to finish in last place).
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        I guess the obvious answer is the Dodgers who bet $48 million him for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
          Nope. He went for a mind-numbing $30 in our local 5x5 NL-only league (the owner is in last place; he's projected to finish in last place).
          24 in my league by a 3-time champ
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• He went for $19 in my 10 team NL league. When he is healthy he looks great but how can you spend $ on a pitcher who has only gotten over 100 IP twice in his career not to mention he is 37. Do the Dodgers really think he'll stay healthy enough for their 48 mil investment?

Comment

• Maeda. Is this what he is? How has he looked?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                Maeda. Is this what he is? How has he looked?
                Can't say I've seen him but from what I read it is his pitch location so his mechanics. His velocity is a mile better than last season. His HR/9 is 3.32. Strand rate 54.5. And BABIP .330. Unless there is a hidden injury based on his history he should revert back.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Maeda. Is this what he is? How has he looked?
                  He's given up a ton of HRs already: 7 HRA in 19 IP which is absmal, compared to 20 HRA in 176 IP last season. He really wasn't 'very good' after the All-Star Break last year (4.25 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) or in the playoffs. Not sure what's going on with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    He's given up a ton of HRs already: 7 HRA in 19 IP which is absmal, compared to 20 HRA in 176 IP last season. He really wasn't 'very good' after the All-Star Break last year (4.25 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) or in the playoffs. Not sure what's going on with him.
                    I will never roster Maeda again after he blew up my ratios on the final day of the season last year and cost me $500 (difference between 2nd and 3rd).
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Can't say I've seen him but from what I read it is his pitch location so his mechanics. His velocity is a mile better than last season. His HR/9 is 3.32. Strand rate 54.5. And BABIP .330. Unless there is a hidden injury based on his history he should revert back.
                      I don't know his metrics however, I was talking with orel (yes the former dodger ace) and I asked him why LA got such a good deal on Maeda and he told me that his medicals were a disaster. That he's held together with spit and twine.

So yeah, there are a host of hidden injury problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        I don't know his metrics however, I was talking with orel (yes the former dodger ace) and I asked him why LA got such a good deal on Maeda and he told me that his medicals were a disaster. That he's held together with spit and twine.

They weren't really hidden, his contract was strange enough to take into account the higher probability of something being physically wrong with Madea. Courtesy of Cots and Baseball Prospectus...

Kenta Maeda rhp
                        8 years/$25M (2016-23)

8 years/$25M (2016-23)

signed by LA Dodgers as a free agent 1/7/16

$1M signing bonus

16-23: $3M annually

annual roster bonus: $0.15M for making active Opening Day roster

$6.5M annually in performance bonuses based on games started: $1M each 15, 20 GS. $1.5M each for 25, 30, 32 GS

$3.5M annually in performance bonuses based on innings pitched: $0.25M each for 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 IP. $0.75M 200 IP
                        Very little money guaranteed, but a LOT in Games started and Innings pitched.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post

Good to know. Might explain why he didn't go deep into games last year. Sounds like a pitcher to stay away from.

Comment

• Cody Bellinger is being called up by Dodgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              Cody Bellinger is being called up by Dodgers

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/statu...61238718267393
                              That's very aggressive. Jim Bowden reported earlier today that they started playing him in LF, but this was very quick.

Comment

• For whom the bell tolls? For Andrew Toles, who tore his ACL and is probably done for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X