2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Well, Turner is coming off of very serious injury. I don't think anyone in the organization (or anywhere else) thought he'd play 162 games in the first place. Turner will continue to miss time regularly, on purpose or not.
    Miss games anywhere but Coors!!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Some people were saying Joc Pederson looked a little off balance during ST after some changes at the plate. He seems to be doing pretty well to start the season. Anyone have any knowledge of how he changed his swing/approach and what effect that will have on his play this year? I know last year it looked like he was swinging for the fences with huge cuts all the time and im curious as to if thats changed this year

Comment

• Crawford returns tomorrow, am counting on him to lift me out of 11th place!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Kendrick has been pretty terrible...still knocking the rust off or worry time?

Comment

• no, Crawford AND Kendrick (and Ethier, and Austin Barnes) are part of my plan!

#sadtrombone
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-25-2016, 03:17 PM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Kendrick has been pretty terrible...still knocking the rust off or worry time?
              I think it's just the rust. This guy has been nails for 10 years, never hitting lower than .279 in any season. I bought him low yesterday (for Plouffe), and my only worry is that they're moving him all over the place, he may be more concerned about his defensive deficiencies than his hitting, but I think he'll bounce back fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I think it's just the rust. This guy has been nails for 10 years, never hitting lower than .279 in any season. I bought him low yesterday (for Plouffe), and my only worry is that they're moving him all over the place, he may be more concerned about his defensive deficiencies than his hitting, but I think he'll bounce back fine.
                I agree. He's been too good for too long. However, this year is shaping up to be a lousy year from him, so what production you hoped to get will probably be lessened a bit, so plan accordingly.

Comment

No concern that he may be on the downswing of his career? 10 years is a good run but maybe he isn't that player anymore.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I think that as long as Utley continues to swing the bat well, they will rotate both frequently to keep them fresh and healthy for the long haul

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      No concern that he may be on the downswing of his career? 10 years is a good run but maybe he isn't that player anymore.
                      He already is on the downswing, as his power peaked in 2011 and his speed left after 2014. But concern after 40 ABs? No. His BABIP is .226 after a career where it's over .340. He's hit .295 over the last three seasons. I have no concerns that he's fallen off a cliff.

Comment

He already is on the downswing, as his power peaked in 2011 and his speed left after 2014. But concern after 40 ABs? No. His BABIP is .226 after a career where it's over .340. He's hit .295 over the last three seasons. I have no concerns that he's fallen off a cliff.
                        I should have said end of the line instead of downswing. I wouldn't roster him in a 12-14 team league.

Comment

• Nice inning Kershaw !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Nice inning Kershaw !!
                            you should cut him in all formats
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• He already did.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• On a serious note:

Is Turner's knee an issue as he has been pretty bad so far.

Not much on the WW, so I'm holding, unless Brandon Moss is a better choice?

Comment

Working...
                                X