No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The leading candidate is now rumored to be Dave Roberts.

Comment

• I'm kinda surprised they made a $15.8m QO to Brett Anderson.

Comment

• Interesting. Roberts has been with SD's coaching staff for 5 years (?) and they never gave him serious consideration for their vacancy but now the Dodgers are hiring him?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Dodgers also sign two Cuban hitters I'd never heard of (Yusniel Diaz - OF - $15.5M and Omar Estevez - IF - $6M) to pretty huge deals. The Dodgers have signed 26 Cubans since July 2nd!
          I'd heard of Diaz. #17 Cuban prospect according to BA last April. Not quite ready to put him in my top 150 yet but he's close. BA's Dodgers Top 10 is coming out tomorrow, so it will be interesting what they say about him. Maybe too late to change their Top 10 now but they'll discuss him in the chat I'm sure.

Edit: BA's Dodgers' list wont be out until next Monday, so they'll have time to put Diaz in their Top 10, if they think he belongs there.
          Last edited by rhd; 11-23-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Dodgers also sign two Cuban hitters I'd never heard of (Yusniel Diaz - OF - $15.5M and Omar Estevez - IF - $6M) to pretty huge deals. The Dodgers have signed 26 Cubans since July 2nd!
            I saw a tweet last night from I think Badler that said Estevez has no plus tools.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              Interesting. Roberts has been with SD's coaching staff for 5 years (?) and they never gave him serious consideration for their vacancy but now the Dodgers are hiring him?
              Would say more if the team that never offered him a chance was competent

Comment

Dodgers to hire Dave Roberts as their manager.
                Good for him! Good guy! We graduated the same year and played in the same league in high School and played in a couple of all-star games together. He always had that quiet, unassuming confidence about him.

Quick anecdote: Senior year, he chopped one in front of the plate about 5 feet in front and about 15 feet high and before I could even grab and through the ball he was standing on first grinning at me. Dude was fast (he was the star option QB of Rancho Buena Vista's dominant football team that year). FYI, before you make any cracks at my catching aptitude, I wound up throwing him out when he attempted stealing 3rd (cough, after he stole 2nd)

Comment

• you probably let him steal 2nd so that he'd get cocky & try stealing 3rd, right?
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Looks like Yasiel Puig maybe pushed his sister at a club and got into a fight with a bouncer, resulting in an investigation by MLB. Details are sketchy at this point....
                    What a douchebag. How does anyone root for him anymore?
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      I'd heard of Diaz. #17 Cuban prospect according to BA last April. Not quite ready to put him in my top 150 yet but he's close. BA's Dodgers Top 10 is coming out tomorrow, so it will be interesting what they say about him. Maybe too late to change their Top 10 now but they'll discuss him in the chat I'm sure.

Edit: BA's Dodgers' list wont be out until next Monday, so they'll have time to put Diaz in their Top 10, if they think he belongs there.
                      Well, Diaz is not officially signed yet so he wasnt included in BA's Dodgers Top 10. But Ben Badler said in the chat if Diaz was eligible he'd be on the cusp of the Top 10. Dodgers' list is pretty strong this year so that's fairly high praise. So I'm leaving Diaz where I have him now, which is just outside my top 150.

Comment

"11:29pm: A police spokesman says that the department is not aware of any allegation that Puig was involved in any physical altercation with his sister, Hernandez reports (Twitter links). If that holds true, then it certainly seems that any domestic violence-related inquiry will be short-lived. Of course, it remains possible that other disciplinary measures could be considered."

https://twitter.com/dylanohernandez/...74497846308864
                        Yasiel Puig's Thanksgiving Eve bar fight was captured on surveillance video, sources tell TMZ Sports ... and cops say they have seen the tape.
                        Sources tell us ... the entire incident was recorded from multiple angles -- including the physical altercation between Yasiel and his sister.
                        However, we're told investigators only saw the "outside the bar" footage -- which definitively showed Puig hitting a bar manager in the face ... and then several people attacking Puig in retaliation.
                        As for the incident with his sister, one bar staffer who's seen the tape says the footage definitely shows Puig getting physical with the woman ... slapping her hand and pulling her hair.
                        TMZ Sports spoke with Dodgers team president Stan Kasten last night who tells us the team and MLB officials are still investigating.
                        When we asked Kasten if Puig will be on the team next season, he told us he's not ready to commit to an answer until the investigation is over.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/30/yasiel...#ixzz3t5FW0tN9

Comment

• Reading that the Dodgers are getting optimistic about being able to complete a deal for Chapman. How much can they be willing to give up in prospects for a closer(albeit a great one) who will probably be in the 11m range and a FA at the end of the year? I'd assume Jansen would be livid going into his walk year to lose the closer gig. Would he demand a trade?

Comment

• Dodgers sign Iwakuma

Comment

• Calling elD! Calling elD! Are you feeling ok? Time to crow about th Iwakuma deal! This isn't like you and I am getting a little concerned.

Comment

• They got Aroldis.

Comment

Working...
                                X