No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a clue what the Dodgers are going to do with Alex Guerrero? The game notes say the team has not exercised a buyout option, but not much detail. Rumor has him on the block and he does have a one year clause if he's traded.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• MLB executives are absolutely convinced #Tigers David Price will wind up with the #Dodgers, who likely will have to part with Urias.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Again, just might be true but Bob Nightengale is the most unreliable source on the planet, as far as I can tell.

Not sure how I'd feel about trading Urias away for a rental, unless somehow Price will negotiate a long term contract in the process.
        You'll have all the Greinke money to resign Price if you want. Now way he doesn't opt out after the year he's having.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, Greinke'd be a fool to not opt out at this point. He's going to get another bazillion dollar contract.

The odd thing about getting Price and not resigning Greinke would be that the 2016 Dodgers would have a top 3 in their rotation of all lefties (Kershaw, Price, Ryu).
          That would be a great rotation. I've always had a thing for left handed pitchers. My NL staff is (well was) Hamels, Bumgarner, Wood, Gio Gonzalez (and Haren).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I don't think Urias is going anywhere - rumors have been that Wood would go to the Tigers for Price which makes more sense.

Comment

Sounds like the Jays are going to one-up the Dodgers in the bidding for Price. I'm pretty okay with that, honestly. I think the rotation is pretty good as it stands right now --- Kershaw / Greinke / Latos / Wood / Bolsinger is just fine plus they still have all their mega-talents (Seager and Urias, notably). Edit: Plus, they can just throw massive Dodger money at Price next year for a long-term deal if they want....or Greinke or Cueto or a number of other awesome free agent pitchers next year.

Somehow in this last trade the Dodgers managed to improve their rotation, their bullpen, AND their farm system. That doesn't happen too often.
              knowing AA, part of the Jays getting involved would be contingent on working out a long term deal with Price.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                knowing AA, part of the Jays getting involved would be contingent on working out a long term deal with Price.
                Seriously doubt Price will sign a deal. everything around town here says he is looking to hit the market.
                Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Sounds like the Jays are going to one-up the Dodgers in the bidding for Price. I'm pretty okay with that, honestly. I think the rotation is pretty good as it stands right now --- Kershaw / Greinke / Latos / Wood / Bolsinger is just fine plus they still have all their mega-talents (Seager and Urias, notably). Edit: Plus, they can just throw massive Dodger money at Price next year for a long-term deal if they want....or Greinke or Cueto or a number of other awesome free agent pitchers next year.

Somehow in this last trade the Dodgers managed to improve their rotation, their bullpen, AND their farm system. That doesn't happen too often.
                  Imagine if they did sign Price next year and have a rotation of Kershaw, Price, Ryu, Wood and Urias down the line? Best lefty rotation ever.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

The Dodgers are currently paying approximately 1/4th of the Marlins' payroll.
                    Hearkens back to the Yankees-Kansas City A's relationship in the '50s.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Dodgers are apparently shopping Alex Wood around to everyone and are currently in talks with the Cubs.

I kind of want them to just hold on to Wood, as I really like him. However, since he's controllable through 2019 (iirc) he'll probably fetch a pretty enormous return. I'm not sure what the Cubs would offer for him, though.
                      The Cubs have an awful lot they could give. For instance, I am surprised they haven't moved Baez and Alcantara yet.

Comment

Looks like the Pirates have acquired Mike Morse in exchange for Jose Tabata. Sounds good to me.
                        The Pirates have been trying to unload their highest paid minor league player (Tabata) for two years now. Morse becomes the latest player to ride their first base carousel. Note to Pirates: Garrett Jones just became available.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kendrick hurt his hamstring again, probably out for a while. The team initially said they were going to use Kike Hernandez at 2B but were "considering other options"; Peraza was called up today and is starting at 2B.

also this article was interesting: http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...809-story.html
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• article I saw had Kike as the "first choice"

btw, he started in the Mets-Dodgers game I attended at Citi Field a couple of weeks ago, and well his first name, in that section of suburban NYC region, created a mild stir in the stands near me. all about the pronunciation.....
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• If I'm Clayton Keshaw I think I'd go all Najeh Davenport and poop in the lockers of all of the relievers (including a Jansen as of today)

Comment

• My two top SPs are Kershaw and Greinke, so all is right with the world. ok, I've been focked out of a dozen wins on brilliantly-pitched games (Greinke all year, Kershaw since June), which has focked me out of 4 pts in Ws even as I chase the league's all-time ERA and Ratio records.

I assume the Dodgers will never score for them, and blow any late lead the bullpen gets for either of them, and that soothes me as it happens time and again.....

Greinke has 23 quality starts in 25 tries - and 13 wins (including his 4 games before yesterday, so the jinx is lessening). in 17 of those games, he allowed 0 run or 1 R, plus 3 allowing 2 R and 3 allowing 3 R.

Kershaw has 21 quality starts in 25 tries - and 10 wins. all but one of the misses was in April/May. he only has 12 games of 0 R or 1 R, plus 4 2 R and 5 3 R games (again, most of those early).

those win totals seem a little.... low
                                Last edited by Judge Jude; 08-23-2015, 05:01 PM.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X