No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess that answers my question as to whether i should dump Chirinos for a FAAB gamble on Swihart.

Comment

Originally posted by redbroyer View Post
      i guess that answers my question as to whether i should dump Chirinos for a FAAB gamble on Swihart.
      I still think Swihart is worth a gamble in deeper leagues, Sandy Leon being an unlikely long term solution. But I think I'd still rank him below Chirinos.

Comment

Castillo and Bradley to AAA. Victorino starting. They have GOT to move this guy ASAP right (before he gets hurt)?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Castillo and Bradley to AAA. Victorino starting. They have GOT to move this guy ASAP right (before he gets hurt)?
          I'm sure that they tried everything short of giving Victorino away for nothing. It's not like he's a force to recon with anymore, he can't switch hit, and he looks lost in the outfield, he's nowhere nowhere the player that Castillo appears to be. And it's not like they're saving a ton by demoting Castillo...he's still getting 11 million plus for the season, no matter where he plays.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I'm sure that they tried everything short of giving Victorino away for nothing. It's not like he's a force to recon with anymore, he can't switch hit, and he looks lost in the outfield, he's nowhere nowhere the player that Castillo appears to be. And it's not like they're saving a ton by demoting Castillo...he's still getting 11 million plus for the season, no matter where he plays.
            someone sounds unhappy that they are losing their $11 player in RJEL.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              someone sounds unhappy that they are losing their $11 player in RJEL.
              Meh, sure I would have liked to keep him, but it was always a roll of the dice. Counting on Victorino to get hurt is never a bad bet, and there's still a few days for him to fall out of bed and hurt himself...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Victorino to the DL - is this a Nava/Craig platoon, or will Brock Holt pick up more ABs?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Victorino to the DL - is this a Nava/Craig platoon, or will Brock Holt pick up more ABs?
                  What took him so long?

My guess is the red-hot Holt gets more ABs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    What took him so long?
                    He had to wait until Castillo was on the DL to piss off Horns the most.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      He had to wait until Castillo was on the DL to piss off Horns the most.
                      Ahhh, that ship has sailed. Once I lost him to the minors, I moved on to other man-crushes.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        What took him so long?

My guess is the red-hot Holt gets more ABs.
                        Here's to that. I own Holt in a 20 team league.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Koji Uehara has seen a big decline in velocity. Is it due to just getting back up to speed after his pre-season injury, or is there something more sinister going on?

Comment

• Shocking, given that he's, what, 102?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I'm guessing Swihart is up to stay for at least 2 months, right? Hanigan is on the 60 day DL. I have him as a minor leaguer and per our league rules if he's up for three weeks I have to activate him. I'm trying to decide if I should burn his minor league status. I have Thole and McCann (sadly, James, not Brian) as my two catchers so I could definitely use some help at C. It's a 12 team AL only. I read that they are not interested in Salty but I imagine that if a trade presented itself they would do it. It's just a question of whether that happens in the next three weeks.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                I'm guessing Swihart is up to stay for at least 2 months, right? Hanigan is on the 60 day DL. I have him as a minor leaguer and per our league rules if he's up for three weeks I have to activate him. I'm trying to decide if I should burn his minor league status. I have Thole and McCann (sadly, James, not Brian) as my two catchers so I could definitely use some help at C. It's a 12 team AL only. I read that they are not interested in Salty but I imagine that if a trade presented itself they would do it. It's just a question of whether that happens in the next three weeks.
                                I'd wait a week and see how he hits as well as seeing where Salty ends up.

Comment

Working...
                                X