2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Sandoval & Castillo are now $29M of bench players in 2016. Good job...good effort
    Time to package Castillo and Panda to the Padres for Shields

Comment

• Cleveland has needs at 3B and OF. Sandoval, Castillo and one hundred million dollars for Bauer. Looked like a joke when I typed it, but that could actually be better for Boston.

I don't know about Shaw though. His success comes down to a small # of home games. There's not even much in the minors. Maybe his LH power is just that perfectly suited to Fenway, but I'd only take him as an obvious bargain.

Brock Holt has two years with ~500 PA with a solid OBP, plus the defensive versatility.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Time to package Castillo and Panda to the Padres for Shields
        that might actually make some sense, depending on the financials. castillo's gotta be better than melvin upton, right? right? (says a wishful castillo owner.)
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Sandoval & Castillo are now $29M of bench players in 2016. Good job...good effort
          I hear you, but OTOH, it takes a lot of organizational strength to admit they screwed up and put the best team they have on the field.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I hear you, but OTOH, it takes a lot of organizational strength to admit they screwed up and put the best team they have on the field.
            It will also test the tensile strength of their bench. Thank you I'll be here all week.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Blake Swihart demoted to AAA.

Comment

• I realize the Sox wants to spread out ABs more this year, but not starting David Ortiz on his last Patriots Day game sure seems pretty thoughtless to me.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Carson Smith needs TJ surgery.....

Comment

• Top prospect Sam Travis tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season.

Comment

• Mookie Betts with 3 HRs tonight and is leading off in the 9th inning.

Comment

• Xander Bogaerts has his hit streak up to 25 games now. Is there anyone on Boston who can't hit?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Xander Bogaerts has his hit streak up to 25 games now. Is there anyone on Boston who can't hit?
                          Apparently, Hanley can't hit with power anymore...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Is it assumed that Ortiz is back on the juice? I'm not trying to troll as a Yankee fan, just asking a question based on some stats that seem to be way out of line for a 40 year old.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Is it assumed that Ortiz is back on the juice? I'm not trying to troll as a Yankee fan, just asking a question based on some stats that seem to be way out of line for a 40 year old.
                              Part of me believes there is no way Ortiz would risk tainting his legacy by going back on them in his final year. On the other hand, if whatever he is on has a low risk of detection, he may figure, why not? It's a shame for him that we have such thoughts, if he is clean, but so many players have gone that route, speculation is inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Part of me believes there is no way Ortiz would risk tainting his legacy by going back on them in his final year. On the other hand, if whatever he is on has a low risk of detection, he may figure, why not? It's a shame for him that we have such thoughts, if he is clean, but so many players have gone that route, speculation is inevitable.
                                I agree with that. Had he not been named in a report that he failed a test before there was testing my MLB I'd think he might be clean. However, once a juicer, always a juicer. That's a saying, right?
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X