No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed feelings about the Jays' offseason so far. Kendry Morales & Steve Pearce are half-decent adds, but as replacements for EE and JoeyBats in the lineup we're looking like a .500 team ... and there isn't room for EE now unless Pearce is pegged to be the fulltime LFer. Hopefully there's more to come.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      mixed feelings about the Jays' offseason so far. Kendry Morales & Steve Pearce are half-decent adds, but as replacements for EE and JoeyBats in the lineup we're looking like a .500 team ... and there isn't room for EE now unless Pearce is pegged to be the fulltime LFer. Hopefully there's more to come.
      I'm looking at Pearce as a replacement for Saunders. Still room (and need) for a big bat.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I'm looking at Pearce as a replacement for Saunders. Still room (and need) for a big bat.
        yep, they need a big hitter to bat after Donaldson.

Comment

• Apparently, the price tag on Edwin Encarnacion has dropped... Despite turning down Toronto's 4 year/$80M offer at the start of the offseason, Edwin is now looking at a lower high bid, with Cleveland reportedly the highest offer of 3 years.

Seems like a perfect opportunity to swoop back in for Edwin.

I'm a Rowdy Tellez believer, but I also think Edwin is one of this generation's best hitters, and I'd love to see him stay with the Jays for 3-4 years. Watching Carlos Delgado spend his last 5-6 years with the Marlins, Mets, etc. was such a bummer. I'd hate to see the same with Edwin.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• He should totally take that Cleveland deal. We'd love to have him!
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• So the writing is on the wall. Fire sale in July. Whatdya want - hitting? We got Donaldson, Martin, Tulo ... what's that, you need pitching? We have Happ, Estrada, or Liriano. Make an offer, everything must go.

After the last couple of seasons up here, this is a tough pill to swallow. Esp. when the mediocre guy we signed to replace EE is signed for exactly the same number of years.

Congrats Cleveland fans, with that rotation, bullpen, and now a really dangerous lineup you sure look like you'll be contenders for the next few seasons.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

So the writing is on the wall. Fire sale in July. Whatdya want - hitting? We got Donaldson, Martin, Tulo ... what's that, you need pitching? We have Happ, Estrada, or Liriano. Make an offer, everything must go.

After the last couple of seasons up here, this is a tough pill to swallow. Esp. when the mediocre guy we signed to replace EE is signed for exactly the same number of years.

Congrats Cleveland fans, with that rotation, bullpen, and now a really dangerous lineup you sure look like you'll be contenders for the next few seasons.
                Baseball has gotten really interesting, if you're not Boston, the Cubs, or the Dodgers, you now only have windows of opportunity to be a World series contender. Cleveland realized that, and came up big, they know that they have 2-3 years to win a title, Toronto also realized this, but they overplayed their hand, and now the window is closing. The funny thing is that the sleeping giant in NY remains sleeping, I don't think that the Steinbrenners get it anymore...they're not making any moves other than to build the system up, which is great if your in Minnesota, but not if you're in NYC. They really won't be relevant for another 5 years or so, IMO.

But it's makes for an interesting view from a frozen land like Minnesota, where hope goes to die...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• You don't think NY is gearing up for a Harper-in-2019 campaign?

Comment

You don't think NY is gearing up for a Harper-in-2019 campaign?
                    I think that they are, but I'm not certain that Harper is...there will be a LOT of clubs in the mix for him, and I don't believe that the Yankees are by any means a certainty to sign him. I'm not even sure that the Yankees will be the highest bidder. Harper has all the fame that he needs at this point, he doesn't need NYC to prove that he's the most talented player in the game.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Well, Bautista finishes the major work this offseason, but we still need bullpen help & a backup catcher.

As an aside, has there ever been a slowest team analysis? The Jays lineup now includes Bautista (not slow, but not fast on the basepaths either), Kendrys Morales, Steve Pearce, Russell Martin, ... it would be appropriate if they now resign Dionner Navarro as Martin's backup!

Comment

• Melvin Upton will either be traded or released by tomorrow.

Comment

• He isn't even on the CBS depth chart. Maybe they know more than we do.
                          http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/d...onto-blue-jays

Pearce/Carrera play LF?

Went to the game in Montreal yesterday. Some thanks for his HR!

Comment

• Osuna is going to begin the year on the 10 day DL...Jason Grilli may now get early save chances.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Melvin Upton will either be traded or released by tomorrow.
                              ...and he has been released. There are now only 3 OF on the active roster (plus Pearce).

Comment

• the last time the Blue Jays opening day lineup didn't have Edwin ...

Comment

Working...
                                X