No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their sole .300 hitter (Travis) is again batting 8th. Can anyone explain why?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Their sole .300 hitter (Travis) is again batting 8th. Can anyone explain why?
      He's just off the DL after missing 4 games with a knuckle issue.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• man it's a painful time to be a Jays fan. 3-9 in Sept, we have gone from first place, 2 games ahead of Boston, to now only 1.5 games from falling out of the second wildcard spot, with the Yankees & Mariners both rolling.

I think a lot of Jays fans were pleasantly surprised that our rotation has been a strength most of the season, but it's really crashed back to earth ... and the hitting is spotty at best lately. We got through the dog days of August looking great ... I guess it just took a bit longer to catch up to us.

and Josh Donaldson is going for a MRI on his hip.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          man it's a painful time to be a Jays fan. 3-9 in Sept, we have gone from first place, 2 games ahead of Boston, to now only 1.5 games from falling out of the second wildcard spot, with the Yankees & Mariners both rolling.

I think a lot of Jays fans were pleasantly surprised that our rotation has been a strength most of the season, but it's really crashed back to earth ... and the hitting is spotty at best lately. We got through the dog days of August looking great ... I guess it just took a bit longer to catch up to us.

and Josh Donaldson is going for a MRI on his hip.
          Anti-jink seems to be working.

Comment

• Well, tonight's a big night here in Toronto ... 8:08 pm, first wild card game we've ever been in - it feels like last year's playoffs except that we've skipped the first games of a series & have gone straight to the last one. I'll be there. Should be late for work tomorrow. October baseball, woo hoo!!!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• In case you missed it, that was one HELLLLLLUVA game last night. Crazy intense. And who would have thought that John Gibbons would make all the right moves & Buck Showalter would make what many are calling the worst managerial decision of all time. I kept looking at the pen to see if Britton was coming in ... and it was always someone else.

I just had to capture this quote for posterity (from CBS):

Centuries from now, when humans are living in a utopia in which war and poverty have ended, everyone's nice to each other, ice cream sundaes are good for you, and baseball managers no longer manage based on the preposterous vagaries of the ridiculous save rule, we'll remember this night.

Comment

• Edwing took his parrot for a walk last night.....

Comment

• A game for the ages. Bring on the Rangers! Come at me, O!

Comment

• a tweet by our Toronto Public Library this am ... creative bunch those librarians ...

Comment

• What is that smelly (rougned) odor ? Why it is the rotting corpse of the texas rangers ! Toronto has beaten them 6 straight in the playoffs over the last two seasons.

Of Boston and Cleveland, I think I prefer the Indians. The Red Sox offense scares me...

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        What is that smelly (rougned) odor ? Why it is the rotting corpse of the texas rangers ! Toronto has beaten them 6 straight in the playoffs over the last two seasons.

Of Boston and Cleveland, I think I prefer the Indians. The Red Sox offense scares me...

This is the year Cleveland tho - and we have Miller Time!!!!! Go tribe!!!!!

Comment

• All your Shapiro are belong to us.

Comment

• i still laugh when i think about when someone said 'i wonder what the exit velocity on bautista's glasses was'.

Comment

• Boy, did Cleveland stifle our bats. We went from mashers to banjo hitters. This series felt similar to the 2015 ALCS - no matter what we did, our opponents' bats were better.

It will be an interesting off-season. I think the rotation is set with Sanchez/Stroman/Estrada/Happ/Liriano but I could see them bringing in Cashner or Hellickson, who they've had interest in.

I expect EE to resign and Bautista and Saunders to move on. I can see Carrera staying as the 4th OF. Pompey plays a corner OF and we sign at least one regular. I think this team would be attractive to FAs.

I think Trumbo would be terrific as our RF (well, his bat would be). Someone is going to take a chance on Carlos Gomez who doesn't look done based on his numbers in Texas. He'd be overshadowed by JD, Tulo and possibly EE in Toronto and would thrive there.

See you in Dunedin!

Comment

• Blue Jays needed more balance in their lineup. Too right handed. I'm not surprised that the Indians shut the jays down with that staff and bullpen.

Comment

Working...
                                X