2K13 World Series: STL vs. BOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13 World Series: STL vs. BOS

Rematch of the 2007 series.....who wins? Post all commentary here.
    STL in 4
    0%
    STL in 5
    0%
    STL in 6
    0%
    STL in 7
    0%
    BOS in 4
    0%
    BOS in 5
    0%
    BOS in 6
    0%
    BOS in 7
    0%

The poll is expired.

Has any team ever done a better job of addition-by-subtraction than Boston? They ditch their high-profile manager and their top three 2012 salaries and go from 69 wins to the World Series.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by revo
      2004. 2007 was Colorado.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Boston has home field, but Allen Craig is back, and if he's 100% the Cards can use Matt Adams at DH and won't be at a disadvantage from the DH rule.

Michael Wacha sure has come a long way in 18 months. He's the hottest pitcher in baseball and starting a world series game on the road. With another outing like his last 3, the Cards could go home up 2-0. I voted for Cards in 6, I feel like they match up well against Lackey/Peavy/Buchholz.

Game 1 — St. Louis at Boston
        Adam Wainwright vs. Jon Lester

Game 2 — St. Louis at Boston
        Michael Wacha vs. John Lackey

Game 3 — Boston at St. Louis
        Clay Buchholz vs. Joe Kelly

Game 4 — Boston at St. Louis
        Jake Peavy vs. Lance Lynn

Comment

I'm out on a limb here - St.Louis takes the first two in Beantown riding Wainwright & Wacha, & then take the next two at home to sweep.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            2004. 2007 was Colorado.
            yeah whatever. Which seems to be about the level of excitement for this Series!

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Has any team ever done a better job of addition-by-subtraction than Boston? They ditch their high-profile manager and their top three 2012 salaries and go from 69 wins to the World Series.
              That does seem pretty unusual. Napoli/Victorino/the return of Lackey certainly helped.

But I don't follow the Red Sox and wondered what happened with Lester & Buchholz in 2012? They accounted for 6 of the win improvement...2012 combined WAR: 1.2. 2013 combined WAR: 7.3.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                That does seem pretty unusual. Napoli/Victorino/the return of Lackey certainly helped.

But I don't follow the Red Sox and wondered what happened with Lester & Buchholz in 2012? They accounted for 6 of the win improvement...2012 combined WAR: 1.2. 2013 combined WAR: 7.3.
                Lester & Buchholz were both popular rebound candidates this year. Lester was terrific on the road last year (3.20 era, 1.16 whip), and Bucholz was very solid in the 2nd half of 2012 (3.76 era, 1.15 whip)
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Napoli 0 innings at catcher this year. David Ortiz 19 AB as a 1B.

What do Red Sox do at C/1B during games 3-5?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                    Napoli 0 innings at catcher this year. David Ortiz 19 AB as a 1B.

What do Red Sox do at C/1B during games 3-5?
                    They won't put Napoli at C, even though the Cards don't really run. Papi will play 1B. If the Cards had a lefty starter, they might just play Napoli at 1B and sit Papi.

Comment

I finally found my Revo betting slip, I've got the Cards at 12-1, so I'm hoping for a Cards victory in any permutation.....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I finally found my Revo betting slip, I've got the Cards at 12-1, so I'm hoping for a Cards victory in any permutation.....
                        Nice, good luck!

Comment

Hey i'm excited!
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo
                            Judith had owner's box tickets to the 1968 WS, but did not go. The ticket stub would be worth $250.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Judith had owner's box tickets to the 1968 WS, but did not go. The ticket stub would be worth $250.

J
                              hey, we already know Judith's judgement is in question.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X