2K13 World Series: STL vs. BOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Last team to win Game 6 and Game 7 of the World Series on the road: The 1979 Pirates.
    Which started a string of 4 straight Series wins for the NL. Cards win 2 straight on the road to give the NL it's 4th straight title. It was all strategery letting the Sox be up 3-2.

Comment

Of course, the Cardinals have to get to Boston before they can attempt to win two on the road. They seem to be having plane issues.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Bob Kohm pmce used the Red Sox logo as his icon. Something about a bet.
        I'd rather go on exile for six more months than have a Red Sox logo...and I'm not even a Yankees fan.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I must be the only RJer watching the Series.....congrats to the Red Sox (and DJBeasties!)

Comment

Yes, congrats to the Red Sox - again.

A very well-run franchise. As are the Cardinals.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was glad to see the Red Sox win. Now i'm sad to see the baseball season officially end. Not looking forward to 5 months without meaningful baseball games.

The Tim McCarver haters will be glad to hear that Game 6 was his last broadcast as he rides off into retirement. I didn't hate or love his work. I thought he was just average. No word yet on who Joe Buck's new partner will be.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

"I thought he was just average."

yes, if you add it all in.
                he was stellar 30 years ago - revolutionary, frankly, with his insights. you had to be there, but he was terrific.
                then he lost his fastball, so to speak, and it wasn't pretty.
                but I rarely found him to be average.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

What a great season, so unexpected and so fun. Loved it. Now, I can take a break until Christmas and then start getting ramped up to try and compete in RJEL!

GO SOX!
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Lol: "This is the only time in history the city of Boston has punished a Cardinal."

Twitter, occasionally funny.

That is hilarious!
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I must be the only RJer watching the Series.....congrats to the Red Sox (and DJBeasties!)
                      not at all ... congrats indeed to all Sox fans out there, it was a great series to watch.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I thought I was neutral going in, but having Uehara and Ortiz as keepers changed that. And I went to same games in Fenway, back when Lee Smith would crack his neck for the crowd and Wes Gardner would pitchfork stray beachballs.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Judith is broken hearted.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

remember a few years ago when when david ortiz was washed up? lol.

that was one heck of a postseason rampage. i bow to papi.
                            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

No word yet on who Joe Buck's new partner will be.
                              His ego
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                                What a great season, so unexpected and so fun. Loved it. Now, I can take a break until Christmas and then start getting ramped up to try and compete in RJEL!
                                GO SOX!
                                Woot!
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X