Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I think it matters, personally. so you don't disagree with me after all
    Got it - glad you are on the same page. I've seen that kind of sentiment that it doesn't matter that a team to employs a subpar player simply because other players are above average far too often and it has always been odd to me.

Comment

• Depending on who you believe on Twitter, the Yanks have:

- Already have a deal in place for JA Happ
      - Are close to a deal for JA Happ
      - Are kinda close to a deal for JA Happ
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Depending on who you believe on Twitter, the Yanks have:

- Already have a deal in place for JA Happ
        - Are close to a deal for JA Happ
        - Are kinda close to a deal for JA Happ
        I believe it!

Comment

• Aaron Judge leaves game a couple of innings after getting HBP on wrist

smoke 'em if you got him

Marc Carig‏Verified account @MarcCarig 3m3 minutes ago

Judge is on the way to the hospital to get an MRI.

#allkneel
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Chip fracture, no surgery needed. Out at least 3 weeks.

Comment

• yes

David Waldstein
              ‏Verified account @DavidWaldstein
              2m2 minutes ago

Yankees say Aaron Judge sustained a chip fracture of the right wrist (ulnar styloid bone). No surgery has been recommended. They estimate a three-week time period before Judge can swing a bat in a game situation.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

yes

David Waldstein
                ‏Verified account @DavidWaldstein
                2m2 minutes ago

Yankees say Aaron Judge sustained a chip fracture of the right wrist (ulnar styloid bone). No surgery has been recommended. They estimate a three-week time period before Judge can swing a bat in a game situation.
                It’s been 15 days and X-Rays taken yesterday still show the fracture, so 3 weeks was wildly optimistic. Sounds like it will be at least ANOTHER 3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  It’s been 15 days and X-Rays taken yesterday still show the fracture, so 3 weeks was wildly optimistic. Sounds like it will be at least ANOTHER 3 weeks.
                  We're taking my father-in-law to a Trenton Thunder game on Labor Day, so I'm hoping for a rehab assignment that day.

Comment

• If you want an idea of how bad Gary Sanchez has been, he leads the majors with 14 Passed Balls -- in just 59 games caught. Then add in his .187 BA with .287 OBP.

Comment

If you want an idea of how bad Gary Sanchez has been, he leads the majors with 14 Passed Balls -- in just 59 games caught. Then add in his .187 BA with .287 OBP.
                      Saw him go in the 1st round of some 15 team mixed drafts. Ouch!

Comment

If you want an idea of how bad Gary Sanchez has been, he leads the majors with 14 Passed Balls -- in just 59 games caught. Then add in his .187 BA with .287 OBP.
                        Never, ever, ever trust catchers in a fantasy draft. Drafting catchers early is like dating Taylor Swift - sure, they'll appear to be a hot catch, but it'll almost always end badly and often with public humiliation on top of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Never, ever, ever trust catchers in a fantasy draft.
                          in the offseason, I acquired YMolina 13-O for Kyle Davies 12-S1.
                          payoff so far: Molina $15, Davies would have been minus $7.

then I bought Realmuto for $13. payoff so far: $19.

I routinely make a profit on my catchers, or at least pay less than fully inflated value in my high-inflation league. but I appreciate your spreading the common "wisdom" - it makes my job a lot easier!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Wait, you play in a league where Kyle Davies was kept for $12? Kyle Davies is retired?

Maybe you mean Zach Davies? If so, and even assuming you are in a very deep league (lets assume 12 team NL only), he was only worth ~$3-4 coming in to the season. So why would the fact that you were able to trade him in a rope-a-dope scenario with someone who would keep a player with extreme negative value say anything useful?

Maybe this data should be thrown out all together?

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            I routinely make a profit on my catchers, or at least pay less than fully inflated value in my high-inflation league. but I appreciate your spreading the common "wisdom" - it makes my job a lot easier!
                            Odd that you bring up the top 2 catchers but leave out, oh I don't know Gary Sanchez and Buster Posey, both of whom were valued higher than Molina/Realmuto coming into the season but have returned negative profits relative to their prices? Or going further, Evan Gattis, Mike Zunino, Jonathan Lucroy, Brian McCann... need I go on?

Comment

then I bought Realmuto for $13. payoff so far: $19.
                              Well...actually, I think you're proving my point. I don't have my Forecaster handy, but the two on-line sources I looked up had Molina at $14-15 value in a league like yours and JT at $18-19. So they've performed pretty much at projected value.

I'd say others with Wilson Ramos, Suzuki and Yan Gomes have done well relative to value, too. But the list just about ends there. The list of disappointments to major disappointments is much longer, and includes Sanchez, Contreras, Cervelli, Pina, WCastillo, Lucroy, Chirinos, McCann, Joseph, Vazquez, Wieters, Martin, Zunino, Leon, and Gattis. Sal Perez has delivered power, but his BA has cratered.

Comment

• Aaron Judge just about beheaded Faria tonight. I think Faria might have wet his pants on that line drive

Comment

Working...
                                X