2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I went looking for video, non available...

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1021588210164613120

Some other points:

Aaron Boone having Didi sac bunt runners over with 1st and 2nd with no outs to then open up a base to IBB the scorching hot Stanton was the dumbest thing of the night and Boone should be happy Sanchez's laziness is deflecting from that.

Also, rewatch that slide by Aaron Hicks on that final play. I'm not convinced replay would not have overturned that play and the game would have ended that way.

Sanchez has been a disaster for most of the year behind the dish and at the dish. Could see him being moved out somewhere else a la Jesus Montero

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I went looking for video, non available...
      Yahoo Sports MLB has the play that ended the game, but he had a second earlier incident where he barely jogged to get a passed ball and a runner scored from 2nd.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yahoo Sports MLB has the play that ended the game, but he had a second earlier incident where he barely jogged to get a passed ball and a runner scored from 2nd.
        I actually think that was the worse of the 2 plays - both bad. The Pitcher was really giving him shit in the dugout on the first one.

Comment

• Sanchez now saying that his groin injury was the reason.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Sanchez now saying that his groin injury was the reason.
              Truth be told, Heyman is reporting it but Sanchez's post-game interview repeatedly said he was past the injury

Damage control

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                I actually think that was the worse of the 2 plays - both bad. The Pitcher was really giving him shit in the dugout on the first one.
                I agree. Severino was having a tough night as it was, and certainly received little help from his catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Truth be told, Heyman is reporting it but Sanchez's post-game interview repeatedly said he was past the injury

Damage control
                  Yankees just put him on the DL.

edit: Not official yet. Buster Olney reporting it.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

Damage control
                    I think that's called "enabling".

Comment

• I don't think the Yankees' should be overreacting to either Sanchez's bad season or to the recent stretch of mediocrity. There's no reason why they can't contend with the hitting and the bullpen they have. I don't trust Gray, German or Cessa and think they may still look to add a SP, but they now have so much bullpen depth that they could consider using the bullpen in lieu of a traditional 4th post-season starter. As for Sanchez, give him the time he needs to feel 100% and to return with confidence and a chastened on-field approach. Romine is perfectly solid for them for now without losing too much offensive strength.

Comment

• Romine has a career OPS+ of 65, he turns 30 in November - and while that figure was boosted by an early season "dead cat bounce," he is hitting .188 in the past month with a .218 xBA. that's the real Romine.

he can handle the glove, which is an improvement on Sanchez for sure.
                        best thing one can say about Romine is that while he's below replacement level as a hitter - so they lose plenty of offense - the Yankees have enough firepower around the diamond that it doesn't matter.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          the Yankees have enough firepower around the diamond that it doesn't matter.
                          I've never understood that type of statement. Unless a team is so good that it is winning every game by 10 runs and the results are never in doubt, it always "matters". The fact that there are other good hitters on the team doesn't change the fact that having a worse hitter in there means the team will be scoring less runs, and therefore will have a worse chance of winning each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I've never understood that type of statement. Unless a team is so good that it is winning every game by 10 runs and the results are never in doubt, it always "matters". The fact that there are other good hitters on the team doesn't change the fact that having a worse hitter in there means the team will be scoring less runs, and therefore will have a worse chance of winning each game.
                            I meant that they are still good enough to sustain post-season position while giving Sanchez the time he needs to feel healthy and confident, and they can even afford to hold him out a little beyond that to send a message if they think he'll respond positively to it. I do think they want him in the lineup come post-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              I meant that they are still good enough to sustain post-season position while giving Sanchez the time he needs to feel healthy and confident, and they can even afford to hold him out a little beyond that to send a message if they think he'll respond positively to it. I do think they want him in the lineup come post-season.
                              Note that I quoted Judge Jude and not you - I agreed with your statement regarding the fact that they can contend without Sanchez's hitting. I disagree with Judge Jude's statement that it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Note that I quoted Judge Jude and not you - I agreed with your statement regarding the fact that they can contend without Sanchez's hitting. I disagree with Judge Jude's statement that it doesn't matter.
                                "best thing one can say about Romine is that while he's below replacement level as a hitter - so they lose plenty of offense - the Yankees have enough firepower around the diamond that it doesn't matter."

I think it matters, personally. so you don't disagree with me after all - note the rest of my post. Romine is a below-replacement level hitter. but a rose-colored-glasses Yankees fan would say that "best thing" I described.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X