No announcement yet.

Verlander is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in 3rd place, 10 pts back of first, I've taken the plunge and traded for Verlander, hoping his mechanical adjustments make a lasting difference the rest of the way. Is his last gem a mirage? He seems to be super hot/cold, so I just have to PRAY he gets going right again. My whip is already in the toilet, over 1.40, so I just need Verlander for W's and K's, and hopefully some ratio stabilizing, but that's secondary. Needed the additional bats that came in the deal.

I give:

Duffy $2 - 1st year
    Axford $17 - 1st year

I get:

Verlander $36 - 1st year
    Rasmus $8 - 2nd year
    J. Lowrie $12 - 2nd year

Did I get swindled?

SP's now (Iwakuma, Stroman, Porcello, Verlander, Dickey, Tillman, Tepesch, M. Gonzalez, Workman, Doubront) + Perkins and Robertson CP's...
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Sitting in 3rd place, 10 pts back of first, I've taken the plunge and traded for Verlander, hoping his mechanical adjustments make a lasting difference the rest of the way. Is his last gem a mirage? He seems to be super hot/cold, so I just have to PRAY he gets going right again. My whip is already in the toilet, over 1.40, so I just need Verlander for W's and K's, and hopefully some ratio stabilizing, but that's secondary. Needed the additional bats that came in the deal.

I give:

Duffy $2 - 1st year
      Axford $17 - 1st year

I get:

Verlander $36 - 1st year
      Rasmus $8 - 2nd year
      J. Lowrie $12 - 2nd year

Did I get swindled?

SP's now (Iwakuma, Stroman, Porcello, Verlander, Dickey, Tillman, Tepesch, M. Gonzalez, Workman, Doubront) + Perkins and Robertson CP's...
      I like Duffy, but he will not help you as much as Verlander in k's.

You get a cheap Rasmus to help with power. Lowrie has been bad over the last 20 games...really bad. You have to hope he gets back on track.

Verlander started out bad last year (not this bad) and righted the ship. Good enough that he was bid 33 this year in our AL only Ultra keeper.

Looks like a good gamble to me.

Comment

Verlander might be done killing you finally. Pulled after one inning with 4 ER due to shoulder soreness.
        Last edited by mjl; 08-11-2014, 08:39 PM.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Verlander might be done killing you finally. Pulled after one inning with 4 ER due to shoulder soreness.
          What a disastrous year for him. Well, except for Kate Upton, that is.

Comment

Was still hitting 95 with a sore shoulder. We should all be so lucky

Comment

Last night, Justin Verlander lasted one inning, gave up five runs, and left the game with “right shoulder soreness”. After the game, Verlander admitted that this had “been lingering for a little while”…
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

There was a big iCloud hack yesterday and Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence had a large collection of naked selfies stored. Verlander appears in a couple of Upton's.

Collections are elusive, however, there is a good library here. NSFW, obviously.
                http://np.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/..._in_one_place/
                Last edited by virgonomic; 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                X