Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verlander is killing me!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

It would have almost been better if he got hurt and missed most of the season. With that combination of high innings and that exorbitant WHIP, he pretty much single-handedly has taken teams out of contention.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      With that combination of high innings and that exorbitant WHIP, and the high pick/price paid, he pretty much single-handedly has taken teams out of contention.
      Fixed
      TINSTAAPST
      (There is no such thing as a pitching sure thing)
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        Fixed
        TINSTAAPST
        (There is no such thing as a pitching sure thing)
        Except Kershaw and Lee. Verlander before I traded for him.

Comment

I had never owned Verlander until this year. I own him in two leagues. Ugh.

Comment

Yet another shining example of why I never pay over $30 (and rarely over $20) for a pitcher.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Yet another shining example of why I never pay over $30 (and rarely over $20) for a pitcher.
              I didn't, I traded for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I didn't, I traded for him.
                I'm sure that you will find some sucker willing to take him off your hands (just give me a call)

Comment

Yeah, I have Verlander in 3 of my leagues this year, so I'm experiencing the pain 3-fold. But the problem w Verlander is that he's just not delivering anywhere near the value you paid for. Someone needs to start a 'Josh Johnson is killing me' thread. I have him in 1 league, too. He's REALLY killing my team. Today so far, against the worst club in MLB, he gave up 4 runs to the first 4 batters he faced.
                  Last edited by rhd; 07-27-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I was willing to give Beltre for CC or Longoria for Verlander a few months ago, but the other owner declined. He's now 9/10. Sometimes the best trades...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Except Kershaw and Lee. Verlander before I traded for him.
                      It depends on what you are looking for in a pitcher. Lee killed his owners last year with the low win total. I think there are no sure things among pitchers, but the closest to sure right now are Kershaw, Felix, and Wainwright. The problem is that "closest to sure" changes so quickly; it was just a year or two ago that Halladay and Sabathia were sure things.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Apparently Verlander has fixed a flaw in his delivery and his last start was his best of the year. I could possibly trade for him but the deadline is in two days so I won't be able to see his next start before making a decision. He also has Greinke but not sure if he's available. Above all else, I need Ws. I'm also targeting Bourn since I can gain a few points in SBs. I currently have an 8-point lead but the guy in 2nd already made a deal today and is working on another. So how many are buying on Verlander?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Apparently Verlander has fixed a flaw in his delivery and his last start was his best of the year. I could possibly trade for him but the deadline is in two days so I won't be able to see his next start before making a decision. He also has Greinke but not sure if he's available. Above all else, I need Ws. I'm also targeting Bourn since I can gain a few points in SBs. I currently have an 8-point lead but the guy in 2nd already made a deal today and is working on another. So how many are buying on Verlander?
                          Did you see what he fetched in RJEL? I think it was an anti-trade -- just get off my 1st place team!!

If you're not going to pay a lot, sure, I'd take him and at least spot start him.

Comment

Did you see what he fetched in RJEL? I think it was an anti-trade -- just get off my 1st place team!!

If you're not going to pay a lot, sure, I'd take him and at least spot start him.
                            Oh yea, I got an offer just before that deal went down.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

It would have almost been better if he got hurt and missed most of the season. With that combination of high innings and that exorbitant WHIP, he pretty much single-handedly has taken teams out of contention.
                              Bump!

WHIP up to 1.41. Big name junk. Hey, don't feel bad, he gets to do whatever he wants to Kate Upton's boobies.

Comment

Working...
                              X