No announcement yet.

Strategies for daily leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, don't misread splits like I did today, which is why I started Juan Francisco.

Comment

I get it now, thanks.

Comment

Looking good tonight, rolled the dice on Shelby Miller in all four entries. Played a 3, 5, 50/50, and a double up. Still all $5 except the double up had a low entry league of $10. So not a huge night, but could be a nice night.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          Looking good tonight, rolled the dice on Shelby Miller in all four entries. Played a 3, 5, 50/50, and a double up. Still all $5 except the double up had a low entry league of $10. So not a huge night, but could be a nice night.
          I blew two more $10 leagues thanks to Hanson. What a cold streak!

Comment

Well I am going with Jose Fernandez in the late games and Matt Harvey in the early games. The lineups with Fernandez look great, but there is still a lot of risk with such a young pitcher. Early hitters I went with, Ramos is in the lineup today and only 2900, Starlin Castro is still down at 3100. Unfortunately I am stuck searching twitter to see if Valdeskpin will be playing today for my last slot. We will see. Anyone else playing today?

Comment

Well the lineup is posted and valdespin is out. Oh well, time to make a change there.

Comment

This site is pretty fast with lineups http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                  This site is pretty fast with lineups http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
                  Thanks that is what I have been using. I found the note on Valdespin on twitter first, but it was up there with the Mets lineup pretty soon after.

Comment

Well Fernandez worked out, had the bullpen held the win I would have finished 2nd in the 20 team tournament, instead I was outside the money there. I did win the other 4 I entered with him, so it was a pretty good day.

I am playing 3 pitchers today, again all in cheap leagues. I have Latos in 3, CJ Wilson in 2, and Tepesch in one.

So far the Mets and Twins are cancelled. I see some rain in KC, I am watching that one as I want to use Butler.

Anyone else in today?

Comment

Well Fernandez worked out, had the bullpen held the win I would have finished 2nd in the 20 team tournament, instead I was outside the money there. I did win the other 4 I entered with him, so it was a pretty good day.

I am playing 3 pitchers today, again all in cheap leagues. I have Latos in 3, CJ Wilson in 2, and Tepesch in one.

So far the Mets and Twins are cancelled. I see some rain in KC, I am watching that one as I want to use Butler.

Anyone else in today?
                      Im going anibal sanchez today. Hope theres no rain in kc, as i have both hosmer and bautista in there. Its too bad the mets were rained out-wright has huge stats against todays sp.

Comment

anyone play in a large league yesterday? I had a huge day after taking the weekend off (68.5 pts) and wonder how that would've fared in a 2,800 teamer. I finished first in both 112 leagues I entered by 8 pts.

Also, I analyzed the leagues I've been in, particularly the 50/50s and the Double Ups, to determine what point total is usually needed to finish in the money. It seemed to depend on the day (yesterday, with few games, produced higher than usual scores for instance) but the number was somewhere between 33 and 36 points. So the importance of the starting pitcher, who can get 16-20 points with a great outing, is heightened in these types of leagues. If your pitcher is getting you 15 pts, you only need 18-20 pts from your 8 batters.

Comment

I got screwed by the weather in Denver yesterday. Word of advice: In addition to checking weather reports, just hold your water and wait as long as you can to draft...this is difficult when trying to kill time at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            I got screwed by the weather in Denver yesterday. Word of advice: In addition to checking weather reports, just hold your water and wait as long as you can to draft...this is difficult when trying to kill time at work.
                            Yep, we mentioned that earlier in this thread. I use this site:
                            daily baseball, weather, baseball contest, daily contest, baseball lineup, baseball matchup, ballpark weather, draftstreet, daily joust, draftbug, snapdraft, fantasy sports live, baseball betting, baseball analysis, fanduel, daily baseball stats, weekly contest, weekly baseball

Comment

Big day yesterday in a 5 person league. Mauer and Jordan Zimmerman led the way to a nice win. I will have to take a look today. Sunday was bad I won 2 50/50 but lost everything else. Nice win yesterday though made up for it.

Comment

Big day yesterday in a 5 person league. Mauer and Jordan Zimmerman led the way to a nice win. I will have to take a look today. Sunday was bad I won 2 50/50 but lost everything else. Nice win yesterday though made up for it.
                                Yep, Zimm was the play yesterday. Also had Mauer.

Some real bargains out there today. But remember to check the splits! Don't get stuck starting a guy who doesn't play vs. Lefties against a LHP!

Comment

Working...
                                X