early trade offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post

"Champ" sounds like he's trying to use your team as additional resources for him to win. I suspect he's done that in the past and gotten away with it so he's trying again. Based on his lies in the past ("i.e. when he lied and said I never prepare"), he's just trying to control you.

I'd avoid dealing with him, surely there are other teams who you can trade with.
    I agree with all of this.

I will add:

Deal a player he wants with the second place player chasing him. Make sure you get fair value back.

Comment

The main guy chasing him made the Toro/Neto/Jung offer.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
        FG says Paredes and Greene are $16. Toro, Neto, and Jung are -$60.

i think Paredes is a great value, with power and positional flexibility. Possible keeper at $20 next year. Greene might not be keepable but has value with his K potential.

He wants Ragans, but he's too valuable IMO. I'm trying to get Imanaga $11. He's in the title chase and not ready to move him.

Toro and Neto don't do much for me. He's included them only so that the leader (and multi-champ) doesn't get them on waivers.

Jung has been heating up since he came back from his injury 2 weeks ago. They've been playing him at 2B and 3B. Good chance he sees DET post-ASB I think.

He also has Orelvis Martinez $1 (who he says everyone is after) and Matt Shaw $1. Plus McLain $13, Tork $7, and Rengifo $5, although I think the first two are risky.
        So if Paredes offers $16 dollars of value/production....how is he a great value at $20 ? I mean you might keep him, but only if you don't have a decent keeper list. Keeping players at value is a pathway to mediocrity or worse. You need to figure out how to get players you can keep for less than their 2025 value.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Right now it would be Adley $19, Witt $10, Langford $4, Ragans $11 as locks. That is $80 according to FG 2024. I don't sse Tatis at $35 keepable, even though FG projects $52 - given the top OF all go for $50+.

The guys I would want I think I have to overpay.

Comment

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
            $260 auction budget
            $400 in-season cap
            keep 6 major / 5 minor
            +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Rutschman $16/2nd year
            1B - Hoskins $19
            2B - Paredes $17
            3B - Ortiz $5
            SS - Witt $8/2nd year
            CI - Drury $12
            MI - Rocchio $5​​​
            OF - Carpenter $7
            OF - Langford $1
            OF - Rooker $5
            OF - Tatis $29/5th year

DH - Burger $20
            P - Civale $16
            P - Dunning $5
            P - Lange $3
            P - Payampas $1
            P - Greene $11/2nd year
            P - MPerez $10
            P - Ragans $8/1st year
            P - Tallion $5
            P - TWalker $1
            BN - HDavis $16
            BN - Wisdom $1
            BN - Sewald $12
            BN - DThorpe $5
            BN - Gasser $1
            BN -
            BN -
            DL - BLowe $11
            DL - Baz $9
            DL - Strider $16/2nd year
            MN - Luisangel Acuna $5
            MN - Emerson $1
            MN - Snelling $1​​​​
            MN - Waldrep $1
            MN - ​

Offer 1 - Caissie $1 and Colt Keith $10 for Burger
            ​Offer 2 - Garver $8, Salas $6, and Caminero $1 for Adley
            Offer 3 - Perkins $10 and KCutter $4 for Tallion and Tatis
            Offer 4 - Kjerstad $1 and OCruz $17 for Witt

Already dumping this year. 20 straight years of being bottom 4 despite good keepers. Which offer do I take?
            Just a quick look, I highlighted 7 guys I think are probable keepers... and that is without Paredes and Rutschman. If it were me I would trade Paredes, Rustchman, and one or two of the other guys to try to get better keepers and/or exceptional rookies (top 25 type) to rebuild your minors. Anyway, just my two cents
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Right now it would be Adley $19, Witt $10, Langford $4, Ragans $11 as locks. That is $80 according to FG 2024. I don't see Tatis at $35 keepable, even though FG projects $52 - given the top OF all go for $50+.

The guys I would want I think I have to overpay.
              I don't understand why you would not want to keep Tatis at 35 if he is worth more than that. Injury risk, maybe ? But if you won't keep him you better move him for some top rookies
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Just a quick look, I highlighted 7 guys I think are probable keepers... and that is without Paredes and Rutschman. If it were me I would trade Paredes, Rustchman, and one or two of the other guys to try to get better keepers and/or exceptional rookies (top 25 type) to rebuild your minors. Anyway, just my two cents
                I think most of your team has more value in trading than as keepers - exceptions are Witt,Langford and maybe Ragans, Strider...maybe Tatis and Greene. But in your league you need to get cheap (1-10 dollar guys early in their contract) guys to compete. Keeping Paredes and Rutschman at value does you no good,
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I posted all but those 7 on the block. Let's see what happens.

It is so much easier in the dynasty league.

Comment

Yandy Diaz $20, McLain $13/1st year, Imanaga $11, Toro $10 for Waldron, Greene, Paredes from a chasing team.

Diaz can replace Wisdom or Kike at CI/DH. McLain takes over for Paredes, although he's an injury risk. Again, Toro does nothing for me. Imanaga replaces Greene as one of my potential keepers, along with McLain if he stays healthy.

FG says he's getting -7 to my -9 this year, making it almost even. I'm replacing one possible keeper for two. Is it a good offer?

Or the champ is offering Walcott $5 and Carson Williams $10 for Paredes. While they are both highly rated, they're not $1. Plus I already have Witt at SS.
                    Last edited by DJRadar; 06-08-2024, 05:01 PM. Reason: more offers

Comment

Is this thing still on?

Comment

Working...
                      X