early trade offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early trade offers

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 5 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Rutschman $16/2nd year
    1B - Hoskins $19
    2B - Paredes $17
    3B - Ortiz $5
    SS - Witt $8/2nd year
    CI - Drury $12
    MI - Rocchio $5​​​
    OF - Carpenter $7
    OF - Langford $1
    OF - Rooker $5
    OF - Tatis $29/5th year
    DH - Burger $20
    P - Civale $16
    P - Dunning $5
    P - Lange $3
    P - Payampas $1
    P - Greene $11/2nd year
    P - MPerez $10
    P - Ragans $8/1st year
    P - Tallion $5
    P - TWalker $1
    BN - HDavis $16
    BN - Wisdom $1
    BN - Sewald $12
    BN - DThorpe $5
    BN - Gasser $1
    BN -
    BN -
    DL - BLowe $11
    DL - Baz $9
    DL - Strider $16/2nd year
    MN - Luisangel Acuna $5
    MN - Emerson $1
    MN - Snelling $1​​​​
    MN - Waldrep $1
    MN - ​

Offer 1 - Caissie $1 and Colt Keith $10 for Burger
    ​Offer 2 - Garver $8, Salas $6, and Caminero $1 for Adley
    Offer 3 - Perkins $10 and KCutter $4 for Tallion and Tatis
    Offer 4 - Kjerstad $1 and OCruz $17 for Witt

Already dumping this year. 20 straight years of being bottom 4 despite good keepers. Which offer do I take?

Jump on 2 yesterday
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Jump on 2 yesterday
      Worth at least considering. Definite no on the rest for me.

Comment

I'd have already accepted 2.

4 is horrible, 3 is bad.

Comment

What are the eligibility requirements for the DH spot?

I think you have to consider trade 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
            16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
            $260 auction budget
            $400 in-season cap
            keep 6 major / 5 minor
            +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Rutschman $16/2nd year
            1B - Hoskins $19
            2B - Paredes $17
            3B - Ortiz $5
            SS - Witt $8/2nd year
            CI - Drury $12
            MI - Rocchio $5​​​
            OF - Carpenter $7
            OF - Langford $1
            OF - Rooker $5
            OF - Tatis $29/5th year
            DH - Burger $20
            P - Civale $16
            P - Dunning $5
            P - Lange $3
            P - Payampas $1
            P - Greene $11/2nd year
            P - MPerez $10
            P - Ragans $8/1st year
            P - Tallion $5
            P - TWalker $1
            BN - HDavis $16
            BN - Wisdom $1
            BN - Sewald $12
            BN - DThorpe $5
            BN - Gasser $1
            BN -
            BN -
            DL - BLowe $11
            DL - Baz $9
            DL - Strider $16/2nd year
            MN - Luisangel Acuna $5
            MN - Emerson $1
            MN - Snelling $1​​​​
            MN - Waldrep $1
            MN - ​

Offer 1 - Caissie $1 and Colt Keith $10 for Burger
            ​Offer 2 - Garver $8, Salas $6, and Caminero $1 for Adley
            Offer 3 - Perkins $10 and KCutter $4 for Tallion and Tatis
            Offer 4 - Kjerstad $1 and OCruz $17 for Witt

Already dumping this year. 20 straight years of being bottom 4 despite good keepers. Which offer do I take?
            I will say again, using a value calculator and getting the inputs correct will help u immensely. Not only with trades, but primarily in draft prep. With limited keepers a good draft is essential to compete in this league
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jump on 2 yesterday
              Even if Garver is a heaping POS and Salas is at best 3 years away? Plus TB is notorious for delaying their prospects?

Comment

Even if Garver is a heaping POS and Salas is at best 3 years away? Plus TB is notorious for delaying their prospects?
                Ok, don't take it then.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Why did you list this trade offer if you hate it so much?

I've gotten really terrible trade offers over the years, but I wouldn't post them here and ask other people if I should accept the offer if I thought it was bad. What's the point?

Comment

The prize is Caminero no matter when he gets the call. You said you're dumping so who cares about Garver...he fills your need at C now. If he stinks, he drops you in the standings & you get a higher pick in the FYPD. Salas I'd turn around & trade.

Comment

Ok, don't take it then.
                      So, I apologize for being a bit snarky. I've recommended about 4 times that you consult a calculator to determine player values. I don't have an exact match for your unique league settings...but Rutschman comes in at 18.7 dollars. His salary will be 19 next year and 25 the year after that. So he doesn't really have much value as a keeper. Caminero probably won't show up in the calculator as having a lot of value, so this is where you need to consider what his stats might look like next year and consider how valuable that would be. you could look at players with similar projected stats to help you there. But bottom line, you are trading a guy with not much value for Caminero, who has immense potential and a 1 dollar salary. Why would you care about Garver ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So, I apologize for being a bit snarky. I've recommended about 4 times that you consult a calculator to determine player values. I don't have an exact match for your unique league settings...but Rutschman comes in at 18.7 dollars. His salary will be 19 next year and 25 the year after that. So he doesn't really have much value as a keeper. Caminero probably won't show up in the calculator as having a lot of value, so this is where you need to consider what his stats might look like next year and consider how valuable that would be. you could look at players with similar projected stats to help you there. But bottom line, you are trading a guy with not much value for Caminero, who has immense potential and a 1 dollar salary. Why would you care about Garver ?
                        So I guess I'll say it one more time to be perfectly clear....you need to figure out player values to help in trading and drafting if you want to be successful. That's the bottom line.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Rutschman comes in at 18.7 dollars. His salary will be 19 next year and 25 the year after that. So he doesn't really have much value as a keeper. Caminero probably won't show up in the calculator as having a lot of value, so this is where you need to consider what his stats might look like next year and consider how valuable that would be. you could look at players with similar projected stats to help you there. But bottom line, you are trading a guy with not much value for Caminero, who has immense potential and a 1 dollar salary. Why would you care about Garver ?
                          Yup, 1 catcher league devalues catchers by quite a bit.

DJRadar, Have you thought this through? You'd have:
                          Witt, Langford, & Caminero all on cheap contracts. And you can probably keep them all for 5 or more years.

Any reason why you typically buy up the $10-$20 players? I'd suggest spend big on a few stars...stars & scrubs approach in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post

Yup, 1 catcher league devalues catchers by quite a bit.

DJRadar, Have you thought this through? You'd have:
                            Witt, Langford, & Caminero all on cheap contracts. And you can probably keep them all for 5 or more years.

Any reason why you typically buy up the $10-$20 players? I'd suggest spend big on a few stars...stars & scrubs approach in the future.
                            I've given it some thought. The defending and multi-time champ said not to make the trade because Adley is keepable for another 3+ years while Salas is at least 2 seasons away. Plus who knows when Caminero gets the call - or given all the prospects struggling, if he stays up?

I've grown to despise auctions. I hate getting expensive guys because they are damn hard to move plus I don't want to not have any money for the end game. Of course that means I leave some on the table - this year $23.

Comment

I've given it some thought. The defending and multi-time champ said not to make the trade because Adley is keepable for another 3+ years while Salas is at least 2 seasons away. Plus who knows when Caminero gets the call - or given all the prospects struggling, if he stays up?

I've grown to despise auctions. I hate getting expensive guys because they are damn hard to move plus I don't want to not have any money for the end game. Of course that means I leave some on the table - this year $23.
                              Simple question, why would you care when Caminero gets called up? It actually helps you if he retains rookie status since you are not competitive this year

And another simple question, why does it matter if you can keep a guy for three years if he is not worth keeping?

I have some more simple questions but I wont bother.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X