early trade offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post

I've given it some thought. The defending and multi-time champ said not to make the trade because Adley is keepable for another 3+ years while Salas is at least 2 seasons away. Plus who knows when Caminero gets the call - or given all the prospects struggling, if he stays up?

I've grown to despise auctions. I hate getting expensive guys because they are damn hard to move plus I don't want to not have any money for the end game. Of course that means I leave some on the table - this year $23.
    Multi-champ, the same guy who says he doesn't study...got it.

Adley is $19 next year then $25 the year after? Maybe 1 year keeper. Catchers typically are not $20+ in 1 catcher leagues. I would not spend more than $10 for a catcher total (including a bench catcher). Salas is a throw-in whom I doubt I'd keep. Like i previously said, Caminero is the prize...at $1 or $4 doesn't matter, he should be a no brainer keep.

It seems you employ the same strategy at the auction each year & expect different results.

Leaving even $1 on the table is bad, let alone $23. If you hoard your budget there comes a point where you're spending much more than available talent. Spend it all.
    Forget the thought about it being hard to trade expensive guys. That shouldn't even come to mind during the auction. If you end up with a bunch of $1 guys so be it. You'll have greater flexibility to churn/pick up guys off waivers/FAAB.

Not sure how you get your bench guys but in an auction I like to have $25 for the last 8 players. Since your active roster is less than 23 I'd maybe go $25 for last 6 or 7.
    So let's say your 6 keepers are total $30, minus the $25 for the last 6, that means you have $205 for 9 active players (21 active players total).
    You can spend for example:
    1 $35
    2 $35
    3 $25
    4 $25
    5 $20
    6 $20
    7 $15
    8 $15
    9 $15

I'd probably allocate more for the top guys & less for the bottom but I hope you get the point. Plot out amounts for available slots on the roster.

Comment

Toro $10, Neto $3, and Jace Jung $1 for Greene and Paredes?

Comment

Toro $10, Neto $3, and Jace Jung $1 for Greene and Paredes?
        Before others respond, what are your personal thoughts on it? What do you like? What do you dislike? What do auction calcs say? What do fantasy prospect lists say?

Comment

FG says Paredes and Greene are $16. Toro, Neto, and Jung are -$60.

i think Paredes is a great value, with power and positional flexibility. Possible keeper at $20 next year. Greene might not be keepable but has value with his K potential.

He wants Ragans, but he's too valuable IMO. I'm trying to get Imanaga $11. He's in the title chase and not ready to move him.

Toro and Neto don't do much for me. He's included them only so that the leader (and multi-champ) doesn't get them on waivers.

Jung has been heating up since he came back from his injury 2 weeks ago. They've been playing him at 2B and 3B. Good chance he sees DET post-ASB I think.

He also has Orelvis Martinez $1 (who he says everyone is after) and Matt Shaw $1. Plus McLain $13, Tork $7, and Rengifo $5, although I think the first two are risky.

Comment

i think Paredes is a great value, with power and positional flexibility. Possible keeper at $20 next year. Greene might not be keepable but has value with his K potential.

He wants Ragans, but he's too valuable IMO. I'm trying to get Imanaga $11. He's in the title chase and not ready to move him.

Toro and Neto don't do much for me. He's included them only so that the leader (and multi-champ) doesn't get them on waivers.

Jung has been heating up since he came back from his injury 2 weeks ago. They've been playing him at 2B and 3B. Good chance he sees DET post-ASB I think.

He also has Orelvis Martinez $1 (who he says everyone is after) and Matt Shaw $1. Plus McLain $13, Tork $7, and Rengifo $5, although I think the first two are risky.
            If you dont like Toro and Neto much, Jung is not the type of prospect you'd want to give up a package for in my opinion. He's a fine prospect (I have him in a few leagues) but more of a floor guy than ceiling.

Comment

I think you are kind of on the right path. Since you are not competitive this year, You need to take your roster, highlight your keepers for next year, and then make moves to upgrade as many as you can. Anyone who isn't on your keeper list is someone you need to move to get a better keeper. You should focus on getting as much future value as possible, like Caminero. Not sure why he isn't on your team yet, or maybe he is
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I think you are kind of on the right path. Since you are not competitive this year, You need to take your roster, highlight your keepers for next year, and then make moves to upgrade as many as you can. Anyone who isn't on your keeper list is someone you need to move to get a better keeper. You should focus on getting as much future value as possible, like Caminero. Not sure why he isn't on your team yet, or maybe he is
                I don't have Caminero. He's -23 while Adley is 16. Salas and LAcuna aren't listed. Garver is only worth 1. I'm losing too much value.

Comment

I don't have Caminero. He's -23 while Adley is 16. Salas and LAcuna aren't listed. Garver is only worth 1. I'm losing too much value.
                  Why is Caminero listed as.one of the top prospects if he has negative value ?
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Why is Caminero listed as.one of the top prospects if he has negative value ?
                    He's probably looking at 2024 value only

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

He's probably looking at 2024 value only
                      I was trying to be subtle and let DJRadar answer, but that is clearly the case. And also my point
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was trying to be subtle and let DJRadar answer, but that is clearly the case. And also my point
                        Objection! Leading the witness.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

All the values are FG for this season. I can't find any future values.

Comment

All the values are FG for this season. I can't find any future values.
                            I think they will update them in February or March for the 2025 season, but it would be good to figure out a workaround if you will be making trades before then
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Defending (multiple) champ wants Paredes+ for Carson Williams or Marcelo Meyer or Jett Williams or Sebastian Walcott. While I like Walcott or Williams I feel they are more 2026 than late this season/early 2025, especially with the way TB is with prospects. Of course this is the same owner who swears I keep Adley.

Comment

Defending (multiple) champ wants Paredes+ for Carson Williams or Marcelo Meyer or Jett Williams or Sebastian Walcott. While I like Walcott or Williams I feel they are more 2026 than late this season/early 2025, especially with the way TB is with prospects. Of course this is the same owner who swears I keep Adley.
                                "Champ" sounds like he's trying to use your team as additional resources for him to win. I suspect he's done that in the past and gotten away with it so he's trying again. Based on his lies in the past ("i.e. when he lied and said I never prepare"), he's just trying to control you.

I'd avoid dealing with him, surely there are other teams who you can trade with.

Comment

Working...
                                X