Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I'm beginning to think Stephen Strasburg is never gonna live up his $245 million contract...I don't want to be hasty though. He does have a couple more years to turn things around.
    Anyone that still owns Strasburg isn't panicking, they are just not playing fantasy baseball at all. Panic Meter: 0.0

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Gratuitous 7 at the end of the last post. You are welcome
      The Gratuitous 7 is a good name for a band....
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Traded for Riley today (gave away future reserve picks, plus Kjerstad - price was dirt cheap), also trying to trade for Langford.

Anyone else people are panicking on?
        As a rebuilder in my NL only 5x5 I traded Riley 33x as part of a larger deal that netted me a 53A Ohtani (thrilled). I hope Riley plays well the rest of the way for him (and you all). I do not like trade partners to feel regret on deals that I make.

This trade happened on 5/24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

As a rebuilder in my NL only 5x5 I traded Riley 33x as part of a larger deal that netted me a 53A Ohtani (thrilled). I hope Riley plays well the rest of the way for him (and you all). I do not like trade partners to feel regret on deals that I make.

This trade happened on 5/24.
          If you got Ohtani you didn't panic and sell low! Nice get.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Josh Lowe is only playing against RHP and is 2-24 with 12 K's this month leaving him with a .189 BA on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent to Triple-A to work things out. He's not even worth rostering in a 12 team mixed. Panic meter 9.
            Josh Lowe went 3-for-5 with 2 HR & 4 RBI on Friday. He's 6-15 with 3 HR & 6 RBI in his last 4 games. It's also the first time he has played 4 days in a row this season, which is probably what he needed to regain his 2023 form. The Rays are scheduled to face RHP's the next 3 games. So Lowe should stay in the lineup this weekend. Unfortunately I have him on the bench. But, I'm glad I didn't drop him. I was very close to doing so. Panic meter has now dropped to 3.
            Last edited by madducks; 06-21-2024, 10:10 PM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

How is acquiring a shortstop who has 20 SBs and is on pace for 55 SBs selling low? The unfortunate reality is that Langford was bought extraordinarily high by myself and anyone else who drafted in March and bought the ADP and projection hype.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Langford range from $1.40 to $12.00.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Caballero range from $9.20 to $16.60.

It's not selling low, it's trying to recoup the draft capital paid, and unfortunately Caballero is more likely to do that than Langford this season.

Ready to jump ship on this opinion yet or doubling down?

Comment

I may have sold low on Langford and Ronel Blanco. Langford seemed to me like he was still a year away and not a keeper at my $20 price. I was starting to have my doubts about Blanco ($1) and whether or not he would sustain his early success. Shipped both of them off for an $11 Mitch Keller who I think is approaching the next level and has become a pitcher capable of throwing 200 innings.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, seizing on a single one. How about the 25-30 others listed in here who the opinion was correct on? Or did you go out and acquire the Brett Batys and Jack Suwinskis "low" and just don't want to mention it?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Wow, seizing on a single one. How about the 25-30 others listed in here who the opinion was correct on? Or did you go out and acquire the Brett Batys and Jack Suwinskis "low" and just don't want to mention it?
                    Huh? What are you talking about? We had several messages back and forth on Langford, what does that have to do with the others in this thread?

The point I made at the time was that you panicked and sold at his lowest value. Looking at game logs you actually did find the absolute minimum.

The thread idea is a good one in identifying under performers and talking about whether they will turn it around. Probably best not to “panic” regardless but evaluating them is good.

Yet this particular one is one I repeatedly told you was wrong to panic on and you swung and missed over and over in it. I’m not sure why you don’t own it.

Comment

• What's funny about that trade, which has become a stinker, is not so much that Langford has heated up while Caballero, who I needed for SBs, has sucked, but that I also "flipped in" David Hamilton in the trade -- who has done exactly what I needed out of Caballero. So not only did I give up the far superior speedy MI, it's like I tossed in Langford for free.

Comment

Working...
                      X